Bush and Powell are liars

Luna

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

apprently you missed the whole point.

i have no opinion.

i read it all! i read your precious foxnes.com, cnn.com, msnbc.com aljeezera, and a host of others.

i read all sides of the story.

ALL SIDES!!!

i base my ideas and opinions once i feel i have a well rounded base.

bush is a liar, that is the topic of convo.

erik said:

apprently you missed the whole point.

i have no opinion.

i read it all! i read your precious foxnes.com, cnn.com, msnbc.com aljeezera, and a host of others.

i read all sides of the story.

ALL SIDES!!!

i base my ideas and opinions once i feel i have a well rounded base.

bush is a liar, that is the topic of convo.

like i have said...i think that any proof of a lie is based on the opinions of jounalists... i have seen NO proof (i'm talking direct proof) that Bush lied...i admit it is likely, but i withold judgement...

minx said:

you have seen no proof that bush et al lied?

this is simple...no WMD = lie

you'll notice that as soon as the war started the focus shifted from WMD to liberating people.

Bush spent all fall fibbing

no WMD= lie...see...that requires some assumptions to be made...1) that bush knwe any 'proof' was false...and

2) that there are no weapons of mass destruction... it has only been 2 weeks... we haven't found bin laden in 2 years! chew on that...

Fence_Sitter said:bull shit matt...i compared the war of clinton to bush... screw off if you wanna misconstrue my words...

I'm sorry you feel misunderstood here, Fence. I said that "they" tried to suggest that Clinton was as bad of a liar because he lied about the blow job - and I failed to point out that it was actually Cavey who tried to make that particular point. What I said was true, however. You repeatedly asserted that Bush did not lie, then you switched tactics and insisted that you were all along arguing that all politicians lie. How is that misconstruing what you said?

i never said he didn't lie mattP...if i did it was a mistake...i think it is entirely possible...my whole premise was how you fail to see the transgressions of clinton in kosovo (which are proven by history) but yet you see transgressions that cannot be proven yet... i admit that it is likely we will see some transgressions, but i am waiting patiently...

Fence_Sitter said:

minx said:

you'll notice that as soon as the war started the focus shifted from WMD to liberating people.

no WMD= lie...see...that requires some assumptions to be made...1) that bush knwe any 'proof' was false...and

2) that there are no weapons of mass destruction... it has only been 2 weeks... we haven't found bin laden in 2 years! chew on that...

no matter how this discussion is had, there will be some assumptions. i ASSUME that since bush and powell went to the UN claiming that there were a LOT of WMD they had some reasonable intelligence data to support that.

i ASSUME that since the weapons inspectors told Bush they hadn't found anything and were reluctant to say that they expected to find anything, that Bush just disregarded them b/c he had firm data that supported that decision.

For me it comes down to the fact that the day before the war started it was about WMD, the day after the war started it was about liberation. Perhaps he had bad information perhaps not...either way he was still lying in my opinion. He fed us on reason and then changed w/no explanation. He was playing us, no doubt about that. I really don't think this was about WMD or liberty.

Bin laden is a single person. People are much more mobile and smaller than most labs that would produce WMD....so bite me!

minx said:

Fence_Sitter said:

minx said:

no matter how this discussion is had, there will be some assumptions. i ASSUME that since bush and powell went to the UN claiming that there were a LOT of WMD they had some reasonable intelligence data to support that.

i ASSUME that since the weapons inspectors told Bush they hadn't found anything and were reluctant to say that they expected to find anything, that Bush just disregarded them b/c he had firm data that supported that decision.

For me it comes down to the fact that the day before the war started it was about WMD, the day after the war started it was about liberation. Perhaps he had bad information perhaps not...either way he was still lying in my opinion. He fed us on reason and then changed w/no explanation. He was playing us, no doubt about that. I really don't think this was about WMD or liberty.

Bin laden is a single person. People are much more mobile and smaller than most labs that would produce WMD....so bite me!

i will nto bite you...i dont know if you have a clue about the labs for WMD...but many of the chemical and biological labs were in tractor trailers...highly mobile if you ask me... rolleyes.gif

Ursa_Eagle said:

FS: Bush did not lie

toptimmy: all politicians are liars

FS: exactly...i have been sayign taht the entire time...

UE: so FS, now you're saying that Bush *did* lie?

FS: no! you're miscontruing my words! he never lied!

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

this discussion is over

you fucking idiot...i never said bush didn't lie...i said i am reserving judgment until i can prove it one way or the other...learn to read Geek_em8.gif

Fence_Sitter said:

i never said he didn't lie mattP...if i did it was a mistake...i think it is entirely possible...my whole premise was how you fail to see the transgressions of clinton in kosovo (which are proven by history) but yet you see transgressions that cannot be proven yet... i admit that it is likely we will see some transgressions, but i am waiting patiently...

see eagle... that is my point...as succinct as i can say it...

Fence_Sitter said:

that there are no weapons of mass destruction... it has only been 2 weeks... we haven't found bin laden in 2 years! chew on that...

a) we started looking for bin Laden 19 months ago, not 24

b) we invaded Iraq 8 weeks ago, not 2.

c) in an earlier post, you mentioned 4000 popups. I counted 7 from 6 pages

perhaps you wouldn't come off as such an idiot if you got your numbers right. you're about as credible as your hero boy, shrub. yelrotflmao.gif

Ursa_Eagle said:

Fence_Sitter said:

that there are no weapons of mass destruction... it has only been 2 weeks... we haven't found bin laden in 2 years! chew on that...

a) we started looking for bin Laden 19 months ago, not 24

b) we invaded Iraq 8 weeks ago, not 2.

c) in an earlier post, you mentioned 4000 popups. I counted 7 from 6 pages

perhaps you wouldn't come off as such an idiot if you got your numbers right. you're about as credible as your hero boy, shrub. yelrotflmao.gif

yellaf.gif you expect them to find the weapons while they are fighting a war?!?!!? what do they just say "hey stop shooting at us!?!? we have to search your country for illegal weapons!"? i think not...and the U.S. has been looking for bin laden much much much longer than that... read up kiddo... rolleyes.gif

Fence_Sitter said:

yellaf.gif you expect them to find the weapons while they are fighting a war?!?!!? what do they just say "hey stop shooting at us!?!? ... rolleyes.gif

In a word, yes. Didn't they say he had stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons? Didn't they make a big deal about how our troops had to carry gas masks and special suits to protect themselves because he was likely to use these things against us even if it meant he would kill lots of civilians in the process? Weren't our soldiers almost certainly ordered to look for and secure any such weapons?

Meanwhile, do you want to fill us in on the Kosovo lie?

mattp said:

Fence_Sitter said:

yellaf.gif you expect them to find the weapons while they are fighting a war?!?!!? what do they just say "hey stop shooting at us!?!? ... rolleyes.gif

In a word, yes. Didn't they say he had stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons? Didn't they make a big deal about how our troops had to carry gas masks and special suits to protect themselves because he was likely to use these things against us even if it meant he would kill lots of civilians in the process? Weren't our soldiers almost certainly ordered to look for and secure any such weapons?

Meanwhile, do you want to fill us in on the Kosovo lie?

if you were saddam, would you hide the weapons on the likely attack paths of the coalition forces, or would you hide them in the desolate marshland or teh scortching dessert? the only really inhabited parts of iraq are in the middle and branch out from baghdad...the rest are unpopulated as the environment is not really that condusive to big city growth...that leaves the rest of the country...a large portion able to be utilized for weapons storage... these are places where the troops have not gone yet...they have merely gone between the cities (after the initial movement into the cities) tha tis why...

i will give you a hint about the kosovo lie... clinton entered for what reason? humanitarian aid? correct? to end the tyranny of a n oppresive ruler... the real reason has to do with russia...its not that hard to find out...also, why wouldn't he pick out rwanda which a the time was far more oppressive than in kosovo? confused.gif