Bush and Powell are liars

Luna

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Veggie -

Did you look at the original post on this thread? It is almost exclusively referring to statements that have proven to be lies or, at best, major distortions of the truth that were offered with complete disregard for contradictory information. It is not too soon to call Bush and Powell liars.

I wouldn't be surprised if they find some evidence of chemical or biological weapons, and of course we all know that Saddam was a terrible dictator and his people had the know-how to make WMD even if they didn't have anything when we went in there, and one might well argue that we were going to have to go in sooner or later, but this thread is about offering lies to justify our foreign policy. Apparently you have no problem with that. I suppose you must think "the ends justify the means" or something like that -- when it comes to Bush and company.

Cpt.Caveman said:

and billary didnt inhale or have sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky either.

I think we've determined that both presidents lied, but at least our previous president didn't INVADE ANOTHER COUNTRY in the name of our own security. For all you people out there supporting Bush and criticizing Clinton, here's a question.

How many people died because of the following lies:

1. I did not have sexual relations with that woman

2. Saddam has an advanced nuclear weapons program

YEAH FENCE SHITTER

CLINTON DID NOT LIE TO JUSTIFY HIS ACTIONS IN KOSOVO OR WHEREVER ELSE HE SHOT MISSLES AT OR SENT US/UN PEACE KEEPING TROOPS.

CLINTON DID LIE FOR HUMPING A FAT CHICK.

BUSH LIED TO JUSTIFY HIS ACTIONS IN USING FORCE.

TWO DIFFERENT THINGS HERE SMART GUY.

CLINTON KILLED US SOLIDERS LEGALLY, BUSH DID NOT.

Fence_Sitter said:

hey chica asked me how many people died cause of clinton's lies... well he did lie about actions there adn 35,000 died in that war... so... wazzup.gif

You are saying the Clinton lied about Kosovo? What lie? America went into that with open eyes.

Erik, it wasn't 35,000 US dead. Serbian.

catbirdseat said:

Fence_Sitter said:

hey chica asked me how many people died cause of clinton's lies... well he did lie about actions there adn 35,000 died in that war... so... wazzup.gif

You are saying the Clinton lied about Kosovo? What lie? America went into that with open eyes.

Clinton and his war plans were both a joke. He fucked up every turn he took.

Fence Sitter -

You have the same problem that Veggie has - a special brand of selective amnesia and a refusal to discuss a point. We are talking about lies or distortions that were offered before the war to justify going in there -- statements that have been proven to have been completely inaccurate at the time that they were offered. Yes, they may still find some WMD -- but that would not change the fact that they lied repeatedly.

he also claimed that it was in our nation's best intrest and the intrest of our security to bomb during the kosovo conflict.

what did he lie about? he said that the reason he was intervening was becasue of the oppression that milosevic was delivering....but what about rwanda? their oppression was litterally 20 times worse...so...obviously it wasn't about the oppression...did it mabe have to do with russia? i think so... rolleyes.gif

trask said:

Matt, show me the proof that they lied. You're as narrow minded as the NYT. You Dems. are all for the proof...so show me the proof that Bush lied.

Where is the evidence that he *didn't* lie? If they had enough evidence to go to war about it, why haven't they found it yet?

AMATUER POLYSCI

I LIKE IT!

SOOO WHAT YOU ARE SAYING FENCE? CLINTON LIED TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE REPEATEDLY ON NATIONAL TELEVISON ABOUT THE WAR IN KOSOVO??

WHAT ARE THE LIES??

YOU KNOW IN REALITY THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CLINTON AS HE IS NO LONGER PRESIDENT.

SO BUSH AND HIS CRONIES ARE STILL LIARS.

mattp said:

Fence Sitter -

You have the same problem that Veggie has - a special brand of selective amnesia and a refusal to discuss a point. We are talking about lies or distortions that were offered before the war to justify going in there -- statements that have been proven to have been completely inaccurate at the time that they were offered. Yes, they may still find some WMD -- but that would not change the fact that they lied repeatedly.

but matt i can say the same about liberals...you blame bush...i blame bush...i blame clinton...you justify clinton because of a partisan driven blindness that you suggest that i alone have...

Ursa_Eagle said:

trask said:

Matt, show me the proof that they lied. You're as narrow minded as the NYT. You Dems. are all for the proof...so show me the proof that Bush lied.

Where is the evidence that he *didn't* lie? If they had enough evidence to go to war about it, why haven't they found it yet?

DAN!?!?!?! yellaf.gif

Ursa_Eagle said:

trask said:

Fine then .... an impasse. Let's go drink and admire each other's anatomy.