Liberty Bell - Becky Route

blairman

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran in to a couple of climbers comming off the route last weekend and they said it was relativly strait forward. They climbed in crampons but "mostly because they wanted to". From SEWS it looked to have snow on ledges and the chimeny appeared to still have snow in it.

Did this today. IN fine shape. Approach is fast and entirely over well tracked snow. chimney has a bit of snow/ice but I excavated a few holds and it was easy after that. should be no problem. only other snow is on ledges and is easily avoidable.

Go for it now! No bugs and no people! When else can you do a route like that midday on a sunday and say that?!?

Alasdair said:

Sabertooth said:

That was Steve House doing the Beckey Route in crampons on Saturday.

You are correct it was steve house...

uh ma gaw!! STEVE MOTHER FUCKING HOUSE!!! blush.gif

who cares if it was baby jesus! just another climber out having fun, i think who it was is iirelevant?

if y'all see me you gonna get all excited and shit?

hahaha.gif

erik said:

Alasdair said:

Sabertooth said:

That was Steve House doing the Beckey Route in crampons on Saturday.

You are correct it was steve house...

uh ma gaw!! STEVE MOTHER FUCKING HOUSE!!! blush.gif

who cares if it was baby jesus! just another climber out having fun, i think who it was is iirelevant?

if y'all see me you gonna get all excited and shit?

hahaha.gif

Exactly! That is why I did not feel the need to state that in the first place.

While many here espouse a disdain for media personalities, lots of folks care who it is that they meet and they are justifiably more excited to run into Steve House or Fred Beckey or even Dan - on the trail than they would be to meet some unknown climber -- because these are people they have been reading about and thinking about.

So if anybody here actually knows Steve, ask him if it was him that climbed the rather sick looking lines on the north side of concord tower, leading up from the concord/liberty bell notch. I was noticing them from up on liberty bell. Looked rather difficult to say the least.

The NW Corner route (N. Early Winter) is not in as the crack is full of snow. The west face still had snow on the slabs above the 10A crack. SE Winter coulior was in as is the S. Arete although the 5.4 gully pitch was full of ice which made it a bit harder to bypass (5.7?). The slab pitch with the bolt was snowed over so you could walk across it.

Beckey route as mentioned was in with the additional challenge of stemming around ice and snow patches on the route.

Concord Tower - The standard route on Concord is still a mixed affair (5.7 M420).