Whiney ass babies

allthumbs

I watched the news today and am a bit perturbed. They had this whiney ass Iraqi family on talking about how life was more secure and better under Saddam Hussein and that they wished the Americans had not invaded. The reason was jobs, and that things are hard right now. Amazing. I compare this with a discussion I had with a great lady from Belgium, about 4 years ago. She was 80 something at the time and we got involved in a discussion over lunch in a small restaurant in Seattle. She lost her house in WWII to Allied and German artillery. She dug in her purse and showed me pictures of her home - it was beautiful - Tudor style - it was built in the 1500's. She said actually that half of it was destroyed. I asked her how she felt about it. Her eyes glistened with fire and she had a huge grin on her face. She replied, "Perhaps my house was badly hurt and it would take much to repair it. But it is only a thing. What did count was that I once again had my freedom!" And she shook her fist with this last part. 55 years after the Battle of the Bulge, she still had the fire and the zest for freedom. BTW - when she found out that my father and grandfather both fought the Germans in WWI and WWII, she refused to let me pay for my lunch. She said it was the least she could do for the sacrifices my family made to ensure freedom in Europe.

Yep - Iraqi whiners. I am sorry but they will get no sympathy from me. They let it happen and they continued to let it happen. And if we are not careful it will happen to us....

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic