Midweek Barbeque

mattp

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God, pleeze, not the 8th. I have afternoon meetings that Thursday. I want to get to at least one of these things. There's 3 of you I want to hug intimately and 3 of you I want to bust in the schnozzle. I couldn't get all 6 of you to hold still in a bar.

How about a "we don't need a poll" option. There was one person who indicated they would prefer the 8th, I think, and at least one who would prefer the 7th. Nobody has said it matters all that much either way, but I believe that, all things being equal (weather) there will be fewer other people there on a wednesday night than a thursday night. For a successful barbeque, the main thing is to pick a date and a location and NOT to have the usual stupidity we have over discussing where to have pubclub each week. That way folks who have a life other than cc.com can plan ahead. We might even see some new faces there.

mattp said:

How about a "we don't need a poll" option. There was one person who indicated they would mildly prefer the 8th, I think, and at least one who would prefer the 7th. Nobody has said it matters all that much either way, but I believe that, all things being equal (weather) there will be fewer other people there on a wednesday night than a thursday night. For a successful barbeque, the main thing is to pick a date and a location and NOT to have the usual stupidity we have over discussing where to have pubclub each week. That way folks who have a life other than cc.com can plan ahead. We might even see some new faces there.

Matt, you're absolutely right. Go ahead and make an executive decision.

Hey, if I can make it I'd be willing to provide organic, homegrown beef burgers if someone will supply the grill and shit. Just need to know when, so I can figure the scheduli and an idea of how many people will show, or at least how many non-veggie burger eatin', tofu-lovin', lemon-grass shake drinkin' vegetarian tree-hugger types there will be. the_finger.gif

Dryad -

Didn't you notice when I changed the topic of this thread to "May 7, Seattle CC.Com Barbeque?" I'll call the parks department and reserve it -- Shelter #3. I'm going to sign up as an avatar.

Greg -

There are two barbeque grills in the picnic shelter. If it looks like we'll have large attendance, I can bring another.

mattp said:

Greg -

There are two barbeque grills in the picnic shelter. If it looks like we'll have large attendance, I can bring another.

Okay. Let's try and get a rough count by Monday, so I can start de-thawing. I'll confirm I can make it.

Distel32 said:

snaf.gif

how about may 8th??

For us lucky mariners fans who have season tickets, the fucking yankees are in town and I'm going on the 6th and 7th. that way people have more than one day to recover from pub club.

I know it's a sad excuse....but maybe? cry.gifwave.gif

ya man saad excuse when its May and you have season tickets......... pitty.gif

Greg_W said:

Hey, if I can make it I'd be willing to provide organic, homegrown beef burgers if someone will supply the grill and shit. Just need to know when, so I can figure the scheduli and an idea of how many people will show, or at least how many non-veggie burger eatin', tofu-lovin', lemon-grass shake drinkin' vegetarian tree-hugger types there will be. the_finger.gif

so you're saying someone else is going to have to bring the lemon grass? wink.gif

minx said:

Greg_W said:

so you're saying someone else is going to have to bring the lemon grass? wink.gif

yes, minxy, bring your own lemon grass; preferably woven into a skirt. Do you hula?

yes, minxy, bring your own lemon grass; preferably woven into a skirt. Do you hula?

Greg_Y, I did not say that *I* would be attending. Just wondering who was going to remember the real food.

Lemon grass skirt...how tropical cool.gif Maybe i'll show up if it's 80, there are drinks w/umbrellas and cabana boys to fetch them.