cappellini

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

cappellini said:

looking for beta...dolomites....good guide book, on-line info....alpine trade routes, short approach, ya know vacation worthy climbing for the married...park the alpha, bust a line in your armani, and race back to guzzleing chianti rockband.gif.....

my crapper book shelf features 'dolomites selected climbs' by ron james. i dont know if this is the best, but it gives a idea of whats what.

Capp, I was in the Dolomites three years ago. What time of year and what kind of climbing (grade) do you want to do? There are gobs of moderate routes on huge faces and the Via Ferrattas are really fun and interesting in a historical sense. The reffugios are like alpine hotels and you'll meet realy nice people everywhere. If you will be there for more than 2 weeks, you might join CAI (club alpino italiano) to get a discount.

To get a guidebook, check out online bookstores or climbing shops in England. I was at the Marmolada, Tre Cime, Cinque Torre, Monta Rosa and Civetta.

Italian women are so sexy!!!

there are a couple of guidebooks out there, i think only one in english. it's a large area, so know where you want to go. the best areas i think are Tre Cime Di Lavaredo, Marmolada, Civetta group. Torre Trieste has some cool climbing on it. Torre Venecia would be a good place to start.

you can camp for free on the medows below the spires. be careful with the gear rip-offs, don't leave money or passport in the tent.

On the medow below Tre Cime there is GREAT bouldering. for rainy days a visit to Erto - overhangs will leave you pumped for a week!

Other areas worth visiting are Sella group, Toffana di Roses. Cinque Torri has some shorter routes. if you don't have a car bus or thumb works ok, but be ready to walk a bit.

see you there at the end of july