Avalanche Statement Up

Bronco

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Lammy-pajami, I'll bite [chubit]

It means I would expect most climbers to know that despite what the avalache forecast is it may or may not apply to a particular area (where you are climbing) within the forecast zone covering everything from the crest of the Cascade Range to the Pacific Ocean. Therefore, please use your melon [geek] and assess conditions yourself (snow pit, Rutschblock, weather, terrain, etc...) I can hardly think of a worse way to die than being smothered to death with only a few inches of snow between your face and life. shocked.gif" border="0

Anything you would like to add?? confused.gif" border="0

(I heard you have never been on a glacier) tongue.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Buzz:
I don't know why you pussies are afraid of avalanches. I've ridden a couple big ones and came out just fine. I guess non of you lame asses can ski.
mad.gif" border="0

[ 11-29-2001: Message edited by: Buzz ]

I'll ski up your buttcrack bitch.

[ 11-29-2001: Message edited by: trask ]

I just have to say that you all SUCK!!! While you are all trying to ski up each others asses, there is snow falling that cries to be skied on!!!!

I could ski circles around all you posers. All I get here is 70 degrees and some drizzle and do you hear me bitchin'?? [Moon] Hell no cuz I just spent yesterday bouldering at Moore's Wall in the sun (and free-soloing my first 300 foot 5.4. Is 5.4 supposed to be that damn scary???? confused.gif" border="0

Someone dig a pit for me before they cross some sketchy slope this weekend will they?? And BE CAREFUL DAMMIT!!!!!!

FRESHIEZ WARNING

VANCOUVER (CKNW) — There's an avalanche warning for the three local ski hills because 50 centimetres of fresh snow is laying on an ice-crust of about 70 centimetres.

Another 25 to 30 centimetres of snow is expected to fall Friday night. Cypress Bowl, Mt. Seymour and Grouse Mountain are all subject to the warning.