"Take it to the Limit"

scot'teryx

DVD Action/Adventure"Take it to the Limit"Circa 2000New Concorde Home Video 2

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=1185560&cart=112918499&style=movie

Has anyoe punished themselves by actually watching the whole thing? This by far was the worst movie I have ever seen, they even put on harnesses with chalk bags and scrambled up a class 3 route, never using a rope! Why put on the harness? The wall they practiced on had holes to put your hands in! Arrghh!It sucked!

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: scot'teryx ]

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that we all know the Vertical Limit was the most accurately protrayed climbing movie ever. I can't wait for the sequel, maybe they will document the "real" way that Everest is climbed... get dropped off at basecamp at 3 in the afternoon, scramble up to the top and be back before suppertime!

Ahhh the great sport of mountaineering...... rolleyes.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0[big Drink] :moon

That opening scene was all of it that I saw (walked in after seeing another movie for a few). I was sitting there going "Now goddammit, I've got to know where this was filmed...I live in the land of Wingate, surely I'll see something that I'll recognize to tip off the locale". Then later I found out it was mocked-up on a fake wall on a soundstage or something. I sure hope my #3 Metolius never starts creaking and twisting and disentgrating and shit while I'm on it. I wonder what they paid Metolius to be able to use that? Usually it's the other way around, products pay the movie for placement, but after the BD lawsuit over the buckle in that Stallone film surely the table is turned in this case?

Thing I learned from that movie - Metolius cams suck when you need to make a long reach to place them and get an anchor when you are dangling from one shitty point of contact. Hugh Banner quadcams, on the other hand, work perfectly for the same type of reach.

If I was Metolius I would suspect HB paid more dough for product placement. grin.gif" border="0