WANTED: Ice Ax, Boots, Crampons

JGowans

Getting my lady into climbing. Looking for a decent pair of plastic boots (Koflach Degree or similar I think size 8), standard ice-ax around 65cm and a pair of crampons in good condition (maybe Grivel G-10 or G-12).

Second Ascent has all this stuff but they're not the cheap guys they used to be.

/j

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yea I would say they fit wide...I have a pair of sportiva trango ice in 42 and they fit about the same. So if she has wide feet they would be good. I got them very cheap and was going to use them but my trango ice boots are much lighter so I am just going to sell them cheap...oh and yea my floor has seen better days cry.gif like in the 70's

JGowans said:

Getting my lady into climbing. Looking for a decent pair of plastic boots (Koflach Degree or similar I think size 8), standard ice-ax around 65cm and a pair of crampons in good condition (maybe Grivel G-10 or G-12).

Second Ascent has all this stuff but they're not the cheap guys they used to be.

/j

Just curious: wouldn't you rather get her leathers instead of plastics?

Hey, I want to just mention that I got the stuff I was after, and I did indeed go to Second Ascent. Greg's a good guy, and he gave me a good deal. I'm a cheap bastard sometimes and shouldn't moan about his prices. He called me on it, and he has a point. My bad Greg.

Now, if there was only a shop called "Umpteenth Ascent" that sold all the shit that folks ditch after they bought it from Second Ascent and I could get all my gear for next to nothing... tongue.gif