snoboy

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vegetablebelay said:

I think we're all still waiting for your 1% Dalius... wave.gif

I haven't been reading this site for too long, so don't really know what the extent of moderation on the boards is. The only incidents that I know of are the Rainier speed record and everything related to that. I only first read the topic after it was going for quite some time, just prior to all the massive spraying of horsecock and snaffledongs. It was an interesting thread to follow, and I, just like everyone, was waiting for some facts to materialize. Then came the horsecock and snafflebutts. Pages and pages of this crap. It was a chore and a bore to get through and I'm glad it was deleted. For those of you that have gotten your panties all in a wad because Mommy slapped you on the wrist and didn't allow you to scream insults and crap in public, go cry me a river. cry.gif

But as far as moderation in general goes, I *don't* think that this site should be moderated. Unfortunately certain folks can get out of hand with pages and pages of whining and snafflefucks and other worthless contributions and it's time consuming and I'm sure embarassing for the moderaters to have to put on their little adult costumes and go discipline the little children. It isn't a perfect world, is it?

I seriously can't believe I'm wasting my time on this. madgo_ron.gif

Snoboy, moderate all you want.

Some people will want more, and pester you with PM's about it.

Some people will want less, and engage in ridiculous duels of patience with you.

Most people will laugh at this stuff then eventually get tired of it.

In the end, you will do what you deem reasonable and we will move on. Bra la la la life goes on.

How many people really pester for more moderation with pm's? And are they so passive-aggressive that they need to pm rather than put it on the board? Hell, it's a computer BB and we've got avatars!

IMO the most important need for moderation is on the rare occasion when physical threats have been made, or personal attacks go over the line. I think the topics stay close enough on track even with spray, and it's the humor that keeps me reading this daily rather than once a week or less.

cc.com's free-wheeling atmosphere, where little is sacred, is what makes this place unique. Please don't let it turn into a dour old Alpine Boys Club.

Greg_W said:

By definition, snobitch, you should delete your own thread. It's not about snow reports or ski trips. This is NOT a freshiez-related topic. Take it to Spray or CC.Com News or something, your crowding our freshiez forum!!!

To bad gregw and trask aren't moderators

RobBob said:

Please don't let it turn into a dour old Alpine Boys Club.

Be realistic. That isn't happening. Although the pages of snafflefucks and horsecock shit were damn annoying to me, I don't think moderating was necessarily the best way to deal with it. It could have been moved to Spray. However, given the circumstances, I think Mattp did a respectable job of mercifully killing the thread. Is there not enough spray on this board? Let's remember, posting here is a privilege, not a right, even if you have contributed $ to Jon and Timmy@, which very few people have done. Come on, let's stop bickering, or at least only spray in Spray. Grow up people! (flame away) madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

So here's a silly idea.

Put an "anti-spray" button that we can click on when reading a thread. If a thread accumulates a lot of anti-spray votes, then it gets moderated more severely.

So when a thread like the rainier-record comes up, if enough people think it's important, then the moderators can keep the spray away. On the other hand, a lot of threads start out as pretty much spray, so nobody would want to "protect" them. This might also make the moderator's job a little easier, as it would point out the threads that people care about the most.

Don't know how the details might work. Can you limit the number of "votes" each user gets for each thread, or each month, etc.

shuksan said:

So here's a silly idea.

Put an "anti-spray" button that we can click on when reading a thread. If a thread accumulates a lot of anti-spray votes, then it gets moderated more severely.

So when a thread like the rainier-record comes up, if enough people think it's important, then the moderators can keep the spray away. On the other hand, a lot of threads start out as pretty much spray, so nobody would want to "protect" them. This might also make the moderator's job a little easier, as it would point out the threads that people care about the most.

Don't know how the details might work. Can you limit the number of "votes" each user gets for each thread, or each month, etc.

you're a dumb shit. eat ballZ asseyes