Moderation - if cc.com was yours...

snoboy

[edit]

OK obviously you guys have too much time on your hands and no real ideas to contribute. Too bad. I thought maybe we could actually talk about something real, blah blah blah...

[/edit]

This is in the freshizone so I can mod (censor/delete/lock) the hell out of it if I want too. laugh.gif You've been warned! evils3d.gif

To all those who are complaining about the moderation on this board - How would you do it if it were yours?

Tell me - what you would consider unnacceptable, and how you would deal with it?

Edited by snoboy

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

snoboy said:

This is in the freshizone so I can mod (censor/delete/lock) the hell out of it if I want too. laugh.gif You've been warned! evils3d.gif

To all those who are complaining about the moderation on this board - How would you do it if it were yours?

Tell me - what you would consider unnacceptable, and how you would deal with it?

Someone has gone on a power trip

No I don't think it's a power trip, I just want to start a meaningful discussion on this topic, and in the present cc.com climate, I think it is only fair to be up front about what I am trying to do here! It seems that otherwise I might just be putting this post up for major spray bait! blush.gif

Basically I am throwing down the gauntlet to all those who think that the moderation hasn't been done fairly lately, asking them to come up with better ways to do it.

Got anything to contribute? Or will I have to delete your post because you are insulting me? yellaf.gifwink.gif

I dunno, I don't think the moderation is too over the top really. i haven't seen much abuse. I guess the one "high profile" indicent recently was the rainer speed record post. I personally wouldn't have moderated it because I think it's more than clear Dan is full of shit, his record is bullshit, and he's also a borderline nut.

JoshK said:

I dunno, I don't think the moderation is too over the top really. i haven't seen much abuse. I guess the one "high profile" indicent recently was the rainer speed record post. I personally wouldn't have moderated it because I think it's more than clear Dan is full of shit, his record is bullshit, and he's also a borderline nut.

OK so maybe Dan is f.o.s., but there were obviously some people who cared about the topic enough to try and document whether or not there might be some truth to the record. If people aren't inteested does that give them the right to spray all over someone elses converstaion? Shouldn't they just try and ignore the topic and let those who care about it get on with whatever?

snoboy said:

JoshK said:

OK so maybe Dan is f.o.s., but there were obviously some people who cared about the topic enough to try and document whether or not there might be some truth to the record. If people aren't inteested does that give them the right to spray all over someone elses converstaion? Shouldn't they just try and ignore the topic and let those who care about it get on with whatever?

Yes, you're right, it doesn't justify the spraying. For those who actually gullible hahaha.gif enough to buy the "he might have the proof" story that thread should have been left alone. I was just saying what *I* would do...perhaps there is a reason I am not a moderator. evils3d.gifyelrotflmao.gif

JoshK said:

Yes, you're right, it doesn't justify the spraying. For those who actually gullible hahaha.gif enough to buy the "he might have the proof" story that thread should have been left alone. I was just saying what *I* would do...perhaps there is a reason I am not a moderator. evils3d.gifyelrotflmao.gif

I was actually waiting for the definitive proof that he wasn't the speed demon that he said he was...

But I digress... hahaha.gif

I think that it is fair to say that there is a fair amount of discretion and judgement involved in Moderating. As long as it is fair and consistent, it is hard to really have a problem. At a certain level, the amount of moderation will seem to be too much or too little to someone (or someone's avatar).

Whether or not the Rainier Record thread was moderated well is a judgement call. There is a time and a place for spray. If you think Dan Larson is fos, then say so and leave it at that- unless it is in the Spray section, then pull out the firehoses and go to it. If you are interested in the thread - which would include questioning it in this case- then the spray is a pain in the ass and is out of place.

Kudos to snoboy for trying to get the ground rules for the freshiezone set up beforehand.

snoboy said:

Dru said:

delete all threads not about horsecock and snafflehounds cantfocus.gifsnaf.gifHCL.gifrolleyes.gif

So do you really think that your TR's and photos are useless drivel?

i mention snafflehounds and horsecock in all my TRs and all my photos of them.

if you want a serious answer you will have to bribe me by rescinding the banning of daisy snaf.gifHCL.gif

Dru said:

snoboy said:

Dru said:

delete all threads not about horsecock and snafflehounds cantfocus.gifsnaf.gifHCL.gifrolleyes.gif

So do you really think that your TR's and photos are useless drivel?

i mention snafflehounds and horsecock in all my TRs and all my photos of them.

if you want a serious answer you will have to bribe me by rescinding the banning of daisy snaf.gifHCL.gif

yellaf.gif

dru - I think only jon can do that. What good is she now if everyone knows she's yours anyway???

Really, I would like a serious answer though.

Bunch fucking whiner who expect their worthless oppinions to be respected and heard by everyone, I"ve been deleted on this board before and I DON"T FUCKING CARE BECAUSE IT"S NOT THAT FUCKING IMPORTANT. I'm so goddamn sick of this moderation debate. Go jerk off, or pick your nose, or harrass old ladies, it's all more worthwhile than making sure that CC.COM preserved EVERY SINGLE ONE of your POINTLESS posts for posterity.

Snoboy please delete this before anyone reads this just to prove that it doesnt' FUCKING MATTER.

E-rock said:

Bunch fucking whiner who expect their worthless oppinions to be respected and heard by everyone, I"ve been deleted on this board before and I DON"T FUCKING CARE BECAUSE IT"S NOT THAT FUCKING IMPORTANT. I'm so goddamn sick of this moderation debate. Go jerk off, or pick your nose, or harrass old ladies, it's all more worthwhile than making sure that CC.COM preserved EVERY SINGLE ONE of your POINTLESS posts for posterity.

Snoboy please delete this before anyone reads this just to prove that it doesnt' FUCKING MATTER.

fruit.gif

Hey Snowboy -- lead by example! What slides in one forum around here is not tolerated in others. If you give people an inch, you know they'll take a mile... and if you let it slide, it will set the precedent. Be consistent and don't take any more shit than you're willing to take -- people will figure it out as it evolves, and love it or hate it as they see fit. You've got the power, so use and abuse it any way you choose.

snoboy said:

Snoboy, it seems like you haven't realized this yet...

99% of the time, Dru is spewing shit out of his mouth. Listening to Dru is like listening to an annoying adolescent who keeps screaming for attention.

The other 1% of the time, I actually think Dru actually has very insightful and interesting things to say. I just wish we saw more of this 1%. The little child act just gets really really old. yellowsleep.gif

dalius said:

snoboy said:

Snoboy, it seems like you haven't realized this yet...

99% of the time, Dru is spewing shit out of his mouth. Listening to Dru is like listening to an annoying adolescent who keeps screaming for attention.

The other 1% of the time, I actually think Dru actually has very insightful and interesting things to say. I just wish we saw more of this 1%. The little child act just gets really really old. yellowsleep.gif

cry.gifrolleyes.gif