Why the ratings?

goatboy

So forgive me for asking something that may be obvious to everyone else -- but "wazzup" with the new rating each other feature?

Is this just a "for fun" thing, or is it actually supposed to mean something (i.e. credibility, reliabilty, etc)?

There are no criteria given for how to make the rating -- in other words, are we rating how funny the person is, how frequently they post (seems like that rating is already provided beneath each person's name), how much beer they drink at Pub Club, whether they can climb ice in sandals, or what?

Seems to me that the rating of each other is simply an arbitrary thing that essentially does nothing positive for the board, and has the potential to send people to the battlecage (which happens often enough on this site without having built-in invitations to do so).

Am I missing the point of this function, or do others out there agree with me?

Having said this, I would like to add that I enjoy and appreciate the fact that this web-community exists, and I often get useful route info and entertainment from this site. I'm just not sure of the actual purpose or reason for this new rating feature.

Thanks, Steve [Wazzup]

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by pope:
That one's from me, ScottP.

quote:

Originally posted by Jman:
There's 5 from me, as well. I know how it feels to be unpopular. So buck up, little camper! We all think you deserve to be popular, too!

You guys are tops in my book.