[TR] Gimli - South Ridge III 5.9+

Nick Sweeney

Cool TR, that's a spectacular face.

How was the road? Back around 2018 or '19 we drove that in my wife's Prius (Not my idea!), shortly after it had been regraded with dozens of water bars. I was sure we were going to get stuck and cause a huge Cluster F.

20 hours ago, Phil K said:

Cool TR, that's a spectacular face.

How was the road? Back around 2018 or '19 we drove that in my wife's Prius (Not my idea!), shortly after it had been regraded with dozens of water bars. I was sure we were going to get stuck and cause a huge Cluster F.

The road was chill, we had more than a Prius but less than a truck. No issues!

I have only one trip in there so my data set is unreliable but there was no one else anywhere.  maybe just lucky.  how many people were around on your trip?  2 other pairs on your route and one pair on sailor jerry.  your photos look pretty vacant of people.

Edited by genepires

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/17/2023 at 10:15 AM, robertm said:

Anything else worth doing back there?  Looks like rock quality varies as you go north?

So, so much more. There are some epic scrambles and moderates up to hard core. In Summer of '22 a party in camp had a preliminary copy of a new guide book that was supposed to come out this year.

• Like 2