Greg W what did you climb yesterday?

chucK

We had it going so well there for a couple of days. Trip reports and climbing talk out the ass!!! And now, we got like 5 threads on peace marching? Blech!

OK the Oval carabiner thread was allright, but let's build on that and produce more climbing-related diversion!!!

Greg W how was Index? Did you climb Libra Crack? Erik, you were probably out there too, what got sent? Liberate any pitons?

I shamefully sulked around the office and worked a bit and otherwise chewed up a beautiful day.

Today though I will heartily attempt to go out to The Rock. I will work on JayB's "Over the Rainbow" problem. WTF is up with that JayB, what's the beta getting from the 3rd to 4th hold? I can't figure that shit out.

Wayne's Inspiration TR was excellent. Stuff like that (and more of it) puts this board way up there in terms of high-class climbing internet entertainment. Keep it up guys 'n gals.

C'mon, I'm already fretting about this orange-alert-hide-in-your-bathroom-with-duct-tape-around-the-door-with-three-days-of-food-and-water shit enough. Why do I have to read it on this number 1 PNW climbing resource!?

TALK SOME CLIMBING GODDAMNIT!!!!! boxing_smiley.gif

meekly yours

Chuck Geek_em8.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was solo, so I set up a fixed line on "Senior Citizens in Space" at Private Idaho. There are new belay anchors at the top now, so I didn't have to sling the tree. Did a few laps with a Petzl Expedition ascender and a prusik backup for a belay, sat in the sun and looked at the mountains. It was a beautiful day.

GREAT GREAT!!! EXCELLENT!

That climb is fun huh? How do you think it got that crazy name? I figure it is because you can put your feet on one side of the dihedral and back against the other and just sit there like you're in a Lazy-Boy just hanging out but with a bunch of air under your butt, like a senior citizen in space!!! What do you think?

And battered sandwhich. There's a good 'un. Cool name fun climb. Battered like smashed or battered like coated in batter?

Greg next time you oughta try out your self-belay rig on End Run over at Hag Crag. That's what I was planning if I ever get around to that kind of shit.

bigdrink.gif

I called in sick. Met my buddy Gene in Monroe and had breakfast at the Sultan Bakery. They have the BEST toast anywhere!

When we got out of the car in Index it was cold and windy. By the time we got to the Upper Town Wall, it was still breezy but warm. We climbed Davis-Holland to Lovin Arms. On the wall it actually was hot! Absolutely astounding weather for February. I'd hang up my skis for the season if I could keep having a few days like that.

Total of 5 cars in the parking lot with people on all the usual suspects.

PP,

Yeah Free Cat is/was really nice but I think it's coated now. Don't know for sure about Garden Wall for, but I walked by it last spring (with Matt H and Dr. Jay) and my Mind's Eye says "mossy".

DBerdinka cool man! What's up with that last pitch of Lovin' Arms? What line did you take? I have previously a) bailed to the left via the horizontal halfway up, b) climbed up that cracklike looking thing that run up right of center. Someone told me the other day that the route (above the horizontal) actually goes straight up, left of the cracklike thingy, and has one bolt hidden in it somewheres. Can anyone comment on this?

bigdrink.gifcantfocus.gif

The face climbs to the right are pretty fun to if they are even visible through the moss these days. Speaking of TR soloing does anyone know if there are anchors on the Garden Rock? Or if it is too dirty to climb.

By the way ChucK keep on pushing the climbing talk!

PP

peter i scrubbed garden bolulder last summer

there is i think one or two 1/4"ers on top...though my memory is slightly foggy

knob job is clean with bolt studs on top too

graden wall...well that lives up to its name

Saw it; looks nice. If I had had more time I would have hit battered sandwich as well. That's a fun one.

Battered Sandwich was a fun climb on Saturday. That thing beat me up and I felt it until yesterday. My hands are finally starting to look normal. I need to keep working on my offwidth technique...

What do you do when it's too big for fists, too small for elbows, wrong angle for arm bars, and awkward for your feet? Maybe I need to try my first handstacks, just can't figure out how I'll move up with both hands in the crack.

Saw it; looks nice. If I had had more time I would have hit battered sandwich as well. That's a fun one.

Battered Sandwich was a fun climb on Saturday. That thing beat me up and I felt it until yesterday. My hands are finally starting to look normal. I need to keep working on my offwidth technique...

What do you do when it's too big for fists, too small for elbows, wrong angle for arm bars, and awkward for your feet? Maybe I need to try my first handstacks, just can't figure out how I'll move up with both hands in the crack.

When Ray and I did "Battered Sandwich" I recall we climbed inside that thing. Or are you talking about lower down before you get into the chimney proper? I think I liebacked that thing, but that makes it awkward to transition into the chimney. I guess I don't really remember, it was a couple years ago.

What's up with that last pitch of Lovin' Arms? What line did you take?

I clipped the bolt, unclinged the hollow flake, pulled up and over into the crack like thingy, got pumped, got desperate, hung on a shitty piece, than escaped up and right into a dirty mantel.

The crack-like thingy is totally misleading. Rapping off I realized there is a whole series of hidden holds maybe 6' left of the crack-like thingy. Looks like the gear isn't to bad either.

The last pitch is certainly a stinker!

I had fun bouldering/soloing in the Columbia river gorge east of the Dalles last friday. And then on Sat I went inbound skiing with my 8 year old daughter and managed to fall and severly stretch out a tendon in my thumb...fuck,fuck,fuck! I am out of commision. I convinced the orthopedist to make a splint that will fit in a glove but I will be limited to moderate alpine, drinking, and chomping glucosamine for atleast 5 weeks. The ice out here is starting form (again)...alot a good that's gonna do for me.

Climb safe so you can save your injuries for the easy (stupid) stuff.

what's with the yellow print, Dru. I got eye strain trying to read it.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JAM IT

JAM IT

JAM IT

JAM IT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JAMMING IS A TECHNIQUE FOR PEOPLE WITH TECNIQUE...LAYBACK IS FOR THOSE WITH NO TECHNIQUE EG: SPORT CLIMBERS OR THOSE WITH SMALL HANDS AND BIG FOREARMS

Technique is for wusses...grab the edge and yank... wazzup.gif

Question: How do you use your feet?

Answer: PULL HARDER...

Edited by RuMR