• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
DPS

review Sewer wanted

Does anybody know a sewer who could work on packs and clothes?  I have some repairs and modifications and I don't want to pay Rainy Pass $75.00 an hour because they have F'd up every project I have brought them.

I wonder if talking with someone who works on sails or auto toggery would be a good option? 

1 hour ago, tanstaafl said:

I haven't used these guys (this guy?) so can't testify as to quality, but saw their flyer on the bulletin board at Vertical World:

https://highmountaingearandrepair.com/

Thanks for link, they look like just the people I need!  I went ahead and contacted them.  They make a nice little alpine hammer holster I will have to buy too.  My tool holster is too big for my little hammer I bring when I climb with leashless (and hammerless) tools.

Please reply back with how it goes!  I don't have any need for them this minute but I'm sure I will in the future.

What's the difference between a sewer and a sewer?

One sews shit and the other sows shit (I have to pay $$$ to fix the latter recently so that shit is on my mind).

3 hours ago, tanstaafl said:

Please reply back with how it goes!  I don't have any need for them this minute but I'm sure I will in the future.

I called and Kyle said he could do the work for a very reasonable price and will even pick up and drop off my pack.  I'm excited to see how the project comes out and I will report back.

1 hour ago, Rad said:

What's the difference between a sewer and a sewer?

One sews shit and the other sows shit (I have to pay $$$ to fix the latter recently so that shit is on my mind).

I thought of that when I saw it written out.  How can you tell the difference between a waste water engineer and a drinking water engineer?  A drinking water engineer washes his hands after using the toilet, a waste water engineer washes his hands before using the toilet.

I make a lot of my own gear and gear for friends as a hobby and I've talked a bit to Kyle from HMGAR a bit over instagram. Haven't dealt with him personally, but I get the impression he is passionate about quality work and climbing. 

I just got my pack back and I am very happy with the work High Mountain Gear and Repair did.  He added a Cordura crampon patch with two 1/2" webbing straps.  The work is very cleanly done and professional looking.  Also, he added a plastic frame sheet to the pack to add a bit of structure to carry heavier loads.  He also built a custom hammer holster with colors to match my little alpine hammer. 

Edited by DPS