• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
olyclimber

chucK has passed away

Hello all, I was led to this post by a friend of mine who told me she read Charlies’s obituary in Stockton. My husband, Brad Dozier, was from Stockton and died while attempting to summit Peak 9626 in Alpine County, CA on October 27, 2018. Search and Rescue teams found him a week later. Brad and I were married for 26 years just like Charlie and his wife. We had 3 kids. This past year has been horrific. So, I’m reaching out to Charlie’s wife should she just want to talk to a spouse who’s a survivor of a similar tragedy. I’m here. Ruanne

• Like 2

He must have run out of Grape Nuts; otherwise, no way this happens.

500bRitter1992.jpg

• Like 2

Sad, sad, sad.  Met him a couple times at CC pub things.  Seemed a very nice guy.  Best wishes to the family and friends.

I remember Chuck very fondly as a classmate and friend in graduate school. He was a very curious and deep thinker, and a good poker player. But, what I will remember him for the most was his love of music and introducing me to the Seattle grunge scene. Watching Mudhoney in concert I experienced my first mosh pit and slam dancing. Chuck saw me lose my balance and start to fall and he quickly grabbed my arm, pulled me up and advised me to always stay on my feet. Before going to see The Jesus Lizard, he loaned me a tape recording so I could become familiar with their music in advance of the concert. I did not feel my untrained ear could recognize a single melody on the track yet at the show, halfway through the set, they started to play a song that I recognized from the recording. I looked at Chuck with excitement that he returned with his big knowing smile and slow nod of his head. It was the same smile that appears on many of the wonderful pictures posted on this site. I am forever grateful to Chuck for his gifting me these experiences and creating these fond memories of Seattle in the 90s. I  will always remember him for this.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Charles (Chuck) Spiekerman Memorial

Friday, Oct. 18 at The Mountaineers, 7700 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, Goodman Room.  Parking is free next to the Mountaineers as well as at Magnuson Playfield on 74th Street nearby.

5:45-6:45: Program with refreshment/appetizers

6:45-9:30: Food service and informal sharing/mingling.  (BevMo will be involved but BYOB also is allowed.  No indoor climbing, tho.) 

Moon rises at 9:40 over Lake Washington that eve, and we have reserved the outdoor Seattle Parks Bouldering Rock right next door.

Those who knew Chuck are invited.

(Olyclimber might want to post this on a new thread to get this announcement out???)

Edited by mjemond
typo

On 10/1/2019 at 9:40 PM, mjemond said:

Charles (Chuck) Spiekerman Memorial

Friday, Oct. 18 at The Mountaineers, 7700 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, Goodman Room.  Parking is free next to the Mountaineers as well as at Magnuson Playfield on 74th Street nearby.

5:45-6:45: Program with refreshment/appetizers

6:45-9:30: Food service and informal sharing/mingling.  (BevMo will be involved but BYOB also is allowed.  No indoor climbing, tho.) 

Moon rises at 9:40 over Lake Washington that eve, and we have reserved the outdoor Seattle Parks Bouldering Rock right next door.

Those who knew Chuck are invited.

(Olyclimber might want to post this on a new thread to get this announcement out???)

I created an event in the calendar and shared this on the CC.com Facebook page.