American Alpine Club

mattp

Last night, I attended a meeting at the home of the AAC Cascade section chair, Peter Akroyd. The discussion centered around issues related to the upcoming national board meeting and the section's ongoing hosting of local events such as slide shows and climbing area cleanups. Peter is interested in increasing the level of AAC activities and involvement at the local level, and thee was some discussion about how it was that we have been able to achieve such a high turnout at the last two years' CascadeClimbers Fall Ropeups. Contact Peter, at pdack1@attbi.com for more information.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

free beer goes along ways

bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Free camping and free beer...in the fall when it's not so crowded. If it gets any bigger we'll need 2 kegs.

Seriously though Matt, what sort of "involvement" is the AAC looking for? I thought about attending the meeting, but thought they were looking for club organization stuff. Don't have any available time for that sort of thing right now...

I used to be a member. It's cheaper just to buy the AAJ. What the fuck do I get? Absolutly nothing thats what.

Climbing Insurance.. I never climb in Europe.

Community... I've been to one PNW AAC Picknic and it was lame. Since then I've never been to another or heard of another for that matter.

The AAC is the lamest club ever. They only have one hut to stay at (Teton) unlike the ACC.

FUCK THE AAC madgo_ron.gif

Yeah the AAJ needs to get on the ball with that. Look at Canada. There hut / hostel system rocks (except for that little prick working at the hostel in Lake Louise who told us to stop sorting our gear because it was too loud and the no nudity policy in the sauna, that one italian hottie was about to strip for me too).