EIGHT EURO LEADERS CALL FOR UNITY WITH US ...

jja

"10 easy steps to create an enemy and start a war: Listen closely because we will all see this weapon used in our lives. It can be used on a society of the most ignorant to the most highly educated. We need to see their tactics as a weapon against humanity and not as truth.

First step: create the enemy. Sometimes this will be done for you.

Second step: be sure the enemy you have chosen is nothing like you. Find obvious differences like race, language, religion, dietary habits fashion. Emphasize that their soldiers are not doing a job, they are heatless murderers who enjoy killing!

Third step: Once these differences are established continue to reinforce them with all disseminated information.

Fourth step: Have the media broadcast only the ruling party's information. This can be done through state run media. Remember, in times of conflict all for-profit media repeats the ruling party's information. Therefore all for-profit media becomes state-run.

Fifth step: show this enemy in actions that seem strange, militant, or different. Always portray the enemy as non-human, evil, a killing machine.

Sixth step: Eliminate opposition to the ruling party. Create an "Us versus Them" mentality. Leave no room for opinions in between. One that does not support all actions of the ruling party should be considered a traitor.

Seventh step: Use nationalistic and/or religious symbols and rhetoric to define all actions. This can be achieved by slogans such as "freedom loving people versus those who hate freedom." This can also be achieved by the use of flags.

Eighth step: Align all actions with the dominant deity. It is very effective to use terms like, "It is god's will" or "god bless our nation."

Ninth step: Design propaganda to show that your soldiers have feelings, hopes, families, and loved ones. Make it cleat that your soldiers are doing a duty; they do not want or like to kill.

Tenth step: Create and atmosphere of fear, and instability and then offer the ruling party as the only solutions to comfort the public's fears. Remembering the fear of the unknown is always the strongest fear.

We are not countries. We are not nations. We are not religions. We are not gods. We are not weapons. We are not ammunition. We are not killers. We are not your slaves. We will not fight your battles. We will not die on your battlefields. WE ARE HUMAN BEINGS!!!"

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a guilty, condemned individual perhaps is lacking a measure of humanity, but aren't we also showing that same lack of humanity by taking the condemned's life? Is it not more human, to be at least somewhat merciful and spare his/her life? Again, the practical side is it is just not worth the risk to those wrongly convicted to employ the death penalty.

There is an argument to be made that incarcerating someone for their entire life is worth than death. I hope not to personally know the answer to that.

Trask, it has nothing to do with being a pacifist or not. I think you know from what I've written that I'm not a "pacifist".

I guess I can understand your anger, as hard as it might be, but if you were to honestly look at yourself, you'd see your anger has done nothing to improve your life. As a matter of fact, it has only made your life more difficult.

Trask, most of your posts simply border on the retarded. Do you ever think for yourself? Or have you always sprayed out of you ass, the regurgitated shit that you here on right wing talk shows. You seriously need to do a little reading and educate your self on some issues. Oh and BTW fox news does not count.

Try these sources...

www.bbcnews.com

http://www.economist.com/

Or a little closer to home

www.NYT.com

War is a terrible thing, but it's far from the worst thing imaginable.

allright dude, you just lost all credibility (if you had any).

Alright then, are you a pacifist?? because that's the implication - war is never justified and peace at all and any costs. I disagree completely, but it's a moral and consistent postition to take.

So, do you oppose all war all the time or just this one?

FYI: No one cares what the queens opinion is, and considering the overall human rights record of the British Royal family, I would not be supprised if the queen wanted to drop A-bombs.

I just saw on tv bbc tony blair is ready to drop bombs. How bout that wank? hahaha.gif

BTW the queen is the real ruler there anyway cantfocus.gif

that lady is a tramp tongue.gif

"VERSE

I've wined and dined on Mulligan stew

And never wished for turkey

As I hitched and hiked and grifted, too,

From Maine to Albuquerque.

Alas, I missed the Beaux Arts Ball,

And what is twice as sad,

I was never at a party

Where they honored Noel Ca' ad.

But social circles spin too fast for me.

My Hobohemia is the place to be.

REFRAIN 1

I get too hungry for dinner at eight

I like the theater but never come late

I never bother with people I hate

That's why the lady is a tramp

I don't like crapgames with Barons and Earls

Won't go to Harlem in ermine and pearls

Won't dish the dirt with the rest of the girls

I like the free fresh wind in my hair

Life without care

I'm broke, it's oke

Hates California is cold and is damp

REFRAIN 2

I go to Coney-the beach is divine.

I go to ball games-the bleachers are fine.

I follow Winchell and read ev'ry line.

That's why the lady is a tramp.

I like a prizefight that isn't a fake.

I love the rowing on Central Park Lake.

I go to opera and stay wide awake.

I like the green grass under my shoes.

What can I lose?

I'm flat! That's that!

I'm all alone when I lower my lamp.

REFRAIN 3 (reprise)

Don't know the reason for cocktails at five.

I don't like flying-I'm glad I'm alive.

I crave affection, but not when I drive.

Folks go to London and leave me behind.

I'll miss the crowning, Queen Mary won't mind.

I don't play Scarlett in Gone With the Wind-

That' s why the lady is a tramp.

I like to hang my hat where I please.

Sail with the breeze.

No dough-heigh-ho!

I love La Guardia and think he's a champ.

That' s why the lady is a tramp.

REFRAIN 4 (reprise)

Girls get massages, they cry and they moan.

Tell Lizzie Arden to leave me alone.

I'm not so hot, but my shape is my own.

That's why the lady is a tramp!

The food at Sardi's is perfect, no doubt.

I wouldn't know what the Ritz is about.

I drop a nickel and coffee comes out.

That's why the lady is a tramp!

I like the sweet, fresh rain in my face.

Diamonds and lace,

No got-so what?"

As a citizen of either the US or the UK you are expected to make your own political desisions, whether or not they agree with the politicians of that country or not. I happen to not agree with war, because it will not be seen as liberation it will be seen as an attack on a muslim country, and will end up making the world a more dangerous place for us, not a safer one (my opinion here).

FYI: I happen to be a US citizen.

As a citizen of either the US or the UK you are expected to make your own political desisions, whether or not they agree with the politicians of that country or not. I happen to not agree with war, because it will not be seen as liberation it will be seen as an attack on a muslim country, and will end up making the world a more dangerous place for us, not a safer one (my opinion here).

FYI: I happen to be a US citizen.

I'm just fuckin with ya brit. I always make fun of brits.

Personally I'm down with the a bomb usage. Less cleanup if it's all vaporized bigdrink.gif