Mystery Photo

mattp

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JB- Mattp's schlagengerman suggests that its Forbidden. Is it scanned in reverse with the N ridge on the right and W ridge on the left, and an inverted J-berg peeking over the shoulder? Nice pic.

I've attached a somewhat more obscure offering. Attached rather than posted, because it may not be suitable for the faint of heart.

edited: got my lefts and rights mixed up

131597-bolosm.jpg.f366822671355d220e5e5e22015df01c.jpg

Edited by Off_White

Is it scanned in reverse with the N ridge on the left and W ridge on the right, and an inverted J-berg peeking over the shoulder?

it appears you are right! no wonder it looks odd. I initially thought I had scanned it wrong and on closer inspection I attributed it to the angle of the photo. Sorry about the confusion. blush.gif

I am quite stumped about yours. I don't seem to be very good at this game.

Is it scanned in reverse with the N ridge on the left and W ridge on the right, and an inverted J-berg peeking over the shoulder?

I don't get this confused.gif. If we're seeing J-berg behind Fobidden, then we must be viewing from somewhere North like Eldorado, and thus it would make sense that the W Ridge is on the right and the N Ridge is on the left wouldn't it?

Yep Chuck, it would make sense, except the image is reversed, as in mirror imaged. J-berg summit is on the left, where the West summit would actually be, and the North Ridge on Forbidden doesn't have those steep steps that the ridge on the left does. I'd assumed it was obfuscation on a popular peak, but sounds like a mistake instead.

can anyone name this FA done this past fall, and the bad ass who's frontpointing this STEEP line

steeeps.JPG

That's Dr. Flash Amazing, hangin' it out on the first pitch of Chain Reaction during the grueling first winter ascent. It was hella burly and runout and shit. Portaledges blew away when we were looking for the TP in one of the pigs, and Dean dropped the pitons. It was a frozen hell up there, made Baffin look like fucking Tahiti in July, for reals. By the time we reached the summit ridge, everything but one Gu packet and half a horsecock chub had blown away, and we were belaying off the poop tube wedged in an offwidth. And the descent ... oh, the horror. You children are not ready to have that nightmare recounted to you, lest you never set foot outside your front door again.

laugh.gif where is the ow on chain reaction? snaf.gif

It's in the large dihedral after the bergschrund, at the beginning of the M12 A5 par 4 pitch with the V7 sit-start. Dean took the lead, and seeing as how the numbskull had dropped the pins, the only way he could protect it was by taking off his socks, pissing on them, and letting them freeze into long tubes like Big Bros. He'd just place them with the rope running behind them, 'cause we had used all the slings to equalize the poop-tube belay, which was pretty shifty.

the ski shot I posted is somewhere north of the border.

yeah we can tell that cause of all the icefields visible but the peaks in the background are too fuzzed out for easy Id'ing. you got some higher resolution image there? i might have to guess Garibaldi Neve otherwise.