Canned Beer Sux

allthumbs

My late brother-in-law, (may he rest in peace) was crusty old turd.

He lived in Logan Utah and was in the local Mountain Man Club.

I went to see him one year at their rendezvous up in Logan canyon.

There he was in his lodge with a big pile of snow off to one side.

He lifted up the buffalo hide he was sitting on and there was a hose and spigot going out under the tent side to a keg buried under the snow.

That was the coldest beer I have ever drunk.

...btw, he's my late BIL because of a blackpowder incident.

DCP_0096-Konrad_keg.jpg

bigdrink.gif trask

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We took a keg of Black Butte Porter to Zion with us for a get-together a couple years ago. Turns out its illegal to even own a tap in Utah, much less carry a keg across state lines and tap it in a national park. Funny thing was, the locals we met there stuck with their cheapo canned beer.

Order the Gone Troppo Tacos next time, Mr. Picky. YUMMY. Anyway, their food doesn't suck!

In any case, their mango margaritas are, indeed, the shit. Something fine about cruising over there after trashing yourself at the gym (wah wah wah gym climbing is dumb wah wah ... shutup), warming up with a margarita, then enjoying your meal with a nice, cold Hamm's. Ahhhh ... grin.gif

Bah! You can't approach La Cruda as "Mexican" food! Of course it's no La Bonita or La Sirenita or whatever other too-Mexican-to-be-true Mexican food toasts your tortilla. It's new-wave Tex-Mex as viewed through a thick filter of PNW rain. Anyway, if you don't like it, what ev', you don't have to.

And speaking of the PRG, are you part of the posse grande heading to Red Rox in March?

Nope. I ain't part of no posse.

I was in Red Rocks last year with about 10 folks ... half guys half girls. Groups dynamics chafe me when I'm trying to squeeze in as much climbing as possible in a short period of time.

As for Tex Mex ... Esparzas is the place to be. Nothing beats La Serenita for the authentic except maybe the burrito place on the corner of SW 5th and Oak St.

Esparza's kicks ass.

La Cruda: the food is good ONLY if approached through beer-soaked goggles (e.g. the owners). The only redeemable quality is the pineapple salsa and the margarita/slurpee machine.

Iron Horse I think you are referring to (and its in Westmoreland, not Sellwood but who's splitting hairs? cantfocus.gif). Its ok--the chimichanga is yummy but then again, anything fried is good.

There really aren't any great mexi places in the Rose city. Some of the taquerias in NE are good but not 'great'. That mexi place next to tugboat made me illin'. Next time I just go for the sights and forego the food.