All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. for sale OR Alti Gloves Size L

Alti Gloves, Size L, light use $45.00 + $10.00 shipping.
  3. Today
  4. @kukuzka1 nice climb! Beckey lists some mega long routes on the right side of that face I think. I'm tempted to go back and try the gully route in the summer just to familiarize myself with it but it also looks kind of slimy in the summer.
  5. I feel like I have good endurance. Then I read your TR's.
  6. Trip: Pasayten Wilderness - Tatoosh Buttes - Ptarmigan Peak - Lago Trip Date: 07/08/2020 Trip Report: Last week, Anthony Marra Danny Bradley and I ran an incredible 42 mile, 11k gain loop in the Pasayten Wilderness. Took us 14 hours. We started at Slate Pass, ran down the Middle Fork for a long ways, traversed the ridge from Tatoosh Buttes over Ptarmigan Peak to Mt. Lago, then back out. The ridge between Dot and Lago has some class 3, and is very aesthetic and fun. It was the quintessential Pasayten experience, with broad valleys, wildflower meadows, epic ridges, tundra, and a helluva lot of blowdowns. To me, this was one of the most wild and stunning routes I have ever done. Bless that Pasayten magic. The Middle Fork Pasayten trail has a ton of blowdowns past the Fred's Lake turnoff. Tatoosh Butte trail is fine, once you get above the burn. Descent down Lago sucked. https://climberkyle.com/2020/07/08/hart-of-the-pasayten/ Middle Fork Pasayten from Tatoosh Buttes. Cruising along the buttes. Magical trail. Running down Ptarmigan Peak. Dropping off Dot Mountain. Epic tarn on south side of Ptarmigan. Dot Lakes. Final ridge to Lago. Lago summit. Sunset near Slate Pass. Gear Notes: Trail running gear. Approach Notes: 20 ft up to Slate Pass, and then down down down!
  7. Here's the overlay. Red is the Wright-Pond, Yellow is Narcos, and blue is the P2 var that might have been climbed before. I suspect future routes on the face will also finish with the last pitch of the Wright-Pond, It just seems to be the best option.
  8. Has anyone been up there lately? I called the ranger station, and they referred me to mtbakerclimbing.blogspot.com, which is where the climbing rangers put the beta they have. Not a word about Boulder Glacier, or NR. Thanks in advance.
  9. [TR] Liberty Cap - Ptarmigan Ridge C2C 07/11/2020

We'll make it happen next time!
  10. Lost my BD Alpine Carbon Cork trekking poles while glissading from the false summit on Saturday, July 11, around 8 AM. Happy to pay a finder's fee!
  11. Yesterday
  12. [TR] Liberty Cap - Ptarmigan Ridge C2C 07/11/2020

That photo of Kyle is CLASSIC. Strong work team! Kicking myself for missing this one, but glad you guys sent the gnar!
  13. It was crystals of some sort, either meth or crack. It looked quite pure so I'm guessing meth. Cops thought the same. I got the price from googling "street value of crystal meth", I'm probably on some list now. If I was a Walter White type you wouldn't be hearing about this and I wouldn't still be driving a 92 Accord. I chose the name Narcos when I thought it might be coke. The routes new alternative name is Breaking Bad.
  14. One question, how did you know it was crystal meth and how much it was worth? Are you like a Walter White type of dude?
  15. I deeply regret not getting one when I first found it. I was freaked out and wanted to get out of there ASAP. When I wen't back up with the cops they didn't want me taking any pictures and I wasn't gonna mess with someone holding a very large rifle in the middle of the woods.
  16. [TR] Liberty Cap - Ptarmigan Ridge C2C 07/11/2020

Such a classic shot!
  17. Sweet! Why no pic of the duffle or crystals? Did law enforcement ask you not to post them?
  18. [TR] Liberty Cap - Ptarmigan Ridge C2C 07/11/2020

that's a big push. appreciate the pics, looks like engaging climbing conditions. and the entertaining boneless chicken farm pics on the summit slog ring true--single pushes sure get painful up top.
  19. [TR] Liberty Cap - Ptarmigan Ridge C2C 07/11/2020

Kyle's picture from MP showing the regular route... our schrund pitch was the short/wider ice flow below where the yellow line makes its first angle change upwards, the upper/leftmost option to gain the snow ramp
  20. [TR] Liberty Cap - Ptarmigan Ridge C2C 07/11/2020

Warning: Kyle took a lot of these and I was being a goof Leaving the car Switching to boots at the snow line above Glacier Basin Coming up from Carbon Bivy sites on P Ridge Route pictures pre/post sun, note moon which helped with night nav Schrund pitch L of regular start involved loose conglomerate that was verglassed and frozen just enough Coming up lower snow section Icey ramp leading to rock step rock step Kyle suffering on the upper slog I think I was eating a bar but the silhouette is funny Sundog Not many pics of the descent, didn't stop on Lib Cap, just kept going
  21. For anyone wanting to score, there's still a few oz worth that spilled in the woods somewhere. Just watch out for those tweaker deer, they have been known to break into cars in the parking lot.
  22. granitic rock of some stripe. it's the poor man's enchantments: shorter routes, more exfoliation, & more lichen but many fewer shitshow mountain athletes.
  23. Sweet, you found my duffle! Meth is the only way I am climbing 5.9 trad these days.
  24. Does the duffle full of crystal automatically qualify this TR for "Best of CC.com"??!!
  25. [TR] Corax Peak - North Face 07/05/2020

Well, he did say the route reminded him of the route you two did on Cleator — was that Tubby Needs Cheese? — so there's that! And no arm twisting required; it was his idea in fact. I can think of few activities I would find less rewarding than trying to convince R to do something he didn't want to do. True we saw hardly any people back there; which was awesome. Seemed like granite to me, but I'm no geologist.
  26. [TR] Liberty Cap - Ptarmigan Ridge C2C 07/11/2020

That sounds like a lot of effort. Good work and lets see some pictures!
  1. Load more activity