Will builder for food

mccallboater

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing stuff.

Last time down to Vegas we did one of those long lines up a canyon, it was the one to the left of Josephs Fa. We could see Bighorn Sheep above us from a few pitches below the topout, but it was only as we got up there to the last pitch (an easy 5.3) that we noted from the scat on route, and knew then that these damn things were indeed not only climbing the easy 5.3 last pitch of the route we were finishing, but that they must have done some pretty sick off route moves to get over to the gully they had drifted into to avoid us - proving to me that they could outclimb many good rockclimbers.

Gratuitous red rocks shot little bit down the canyon on another one of those kick assed long routes:

Resized_Ujahn_Belaying.jpg

Looking at that pic, I think I screwed that story up, this is the route to the left of JH's route Ujahn the hound and I did, so the other route is further down the way. Don't make me F**ing map it out or we'll all be lost eh? The part about the Sheep was right, but I might have screwed up my route locations.

These photos beg the question why are they climbing the side of a dam? For the practice?

Salts deposited on the free face of the dam? Pressure gradient across the face drives minute seepage toward the outside face, where dissolved solid concentration in water is lowered due to decrease in hydrostatic pressure [/armchair commentary]