Favorite TR Contest - Final Voting

JayB

Favorite TR Contest - Final Vote  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite TR Contest - Final Vote

Well, what can I say - we're going with evolution instead of intelligent design on this one. We started with a different plan, but we've decided to put every TR nominated in both of the threads in a poll to settle this one and determine who gets the prizes. (Reminder: Grand Prize winner gets a $500 gift certificate to Pro Mountain Sports).

If you've submitted a vote before - click a button here on the poll and vote again. Sorry for the repetition, but at least voting again won't take too much additional effort.

If you haven't voted before - grab a beer and scroll through this anthology of great TR's and choose your favorite.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to make a vote/nomination in the previous threads.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the votes on that one. we really tried to make an honest from our perspective TR. It degenerates into a festering shitpile towards the end of the posts, and that makes me so proud to share the link with family members.

Hopefully Jim has a nice selection of blow, cuz the prize is going straight up my nose.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm tired of using the word "sorry", but I'm sorry it has taken me/us some time to announce the winners on this. Not like it's not obvious.

Congrats to Michael Layton and Erik Wolfe on winning our Favorite TR of all time contest for their TR on South East Mox Peak-The Devil's Club, First Ascent of the East Face. They get to split a $500 gift certificate to Pro Mountain Sports. Or maybe Mike gets it all for writing up.

Our runners up are:

Joe Puryear for his unforgettable Desert Towers TR. We will be working with his wife to arrange an appropriate gift in his memory. We miss you Joe :(

Steph_Abegg for her climbs in the Canadian Rockies. She gets a $150 gift certificate to Pro Mountain Sports.

Uncle Tricky for his hilarious TR for Diedre at Squamish. He gets a $150 gift certificate to Pro Mountain Sports.

Cant think of more deserving people.

An untold story about the Mox deal;

-Rumor redacted-

Continues to pay off..

Joes show was what got me into the towers, and made me think for a while that I wanted to go back to the Himalaya.

Steph continues to battle hard in her recovery. She will be back doing her great trs and pics for sure.

Dont know what happened to the Uncle. He used to pub-club and seemed real cool too. Anyone know?

Thanks CC and Jim @ PMS

Edited by wayne1112

actually that's just a rumor wayne.

Erik wrote it as much as I did so we're gonna split it 50/50.

so after living in Utah for almost 4 years and hopping on a few towers, I can't say enough how impressive Joe's trip was. A 2-5 pitch tower feels like a 25 pitch granite climb