Crag drones

mountainsandsound

Saw a drone at Vantage on Monday. It was hovering like a giant fly around feathers as I was headed toward sunshine wall. I had alternating fantasies about bringing it down with a shotgun at close range and with a rifle from a distance.

Anyone seen this at Vantage or other crags? Are they from companies shooting promotional videos or just Joe Climber with a drone?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was soloing around eldo this summer while a film crew flew a drone to film for a TV ad. It made noise and had lights, definitely noticed that it was around. Overall it was far less irritating and obnoxious than the plethora of folks screaming belay commands at the top of their lungs.

Meh, it's a (relatively) cheap and easy way to get really high quality video. Look up the video of David Lama on Nameless Tower if you need an example.

until the 90's aid scene comes back and the memory of the 10 climbers brutal and senseless executions isn't quite as sharp I seriously doubt that there will be drone toting crowds in the Trango group.

The application for scoping new route lines is very appealing. Forget a pair of binocs, just fly up there and take a look-see!

• 3 weeks later...