head game and mindset after a scare?

bedellympian

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget about bees! Gotta have a bee escape plan, even when you're using a cord. Those fuckers can ruin your day.

shee-it, what scares me is dane's story from a few years ago - happily tooling along on easy ground when his bicep randomly tore lose of its moorings and he took a horrid (roped) fall - ain't no predicting random shit like that....

You know you're old when. . . you're worried about muscle detachment! As I recall, he had that muscle surgically reattached a few months prior and started climbing before the specified rest and rehab period identified by his doc. And, the climb he was doing doesn't have any gear for about 20' off the deck. Basically a perfect storm. You'e golden dude, solo on.

tvash- I know stats is a good tool, I'm just saying that every situation is unique and we should consider those unique factors in our decisions, as well as the stats of climbing/soloing as a whole.

jared- I appreciate your comment, maybe I am rationalizing to make myself feel better, maybe all climbers do that a bit. I don't know. I am young and I am relatively new to this. Sometimes I think I know I'm not invincible and sometimes I almost convince myself I'm willing to pay the price. Maybe all that self-discovery bs that Twight and House talk about will one day give me the answer... or maybe a coffin. Who knows?

Keenwesh- I have experienced what you're talking about, thanks for posting.

Water- Thanks for the input, I appreciate the TR compliment and the sage advice. I hadn't considered wasps although I have considered bad food and such. I do like soloing with a harness, rope and gear... maybe I could go "indirect" in a pinch, MAYBE.

The probability of flipping a 'heads' 10 times in a row is not the same as for flipping 'heads' 5 times in a row, even if the probability of flipping heads remains 50% every time.

Do your own research on that, dood.

I can't believe I'm besting you with a 35 year old stats class.

If you're a free soloist and flipping a 'tails' means death - you need to flip a 'heads' every damn time - ei, thousands of times in a row over a climbing career

It's exactly the same calculation as flipping 'heads' a bunch of times in a row, just with different number for the probability.

Yo what's up Curly G Cradle Rock...

try wearing merino socks and briefs, and BAMMMMMM!!!!!! you just made the numbers ur little bitch…. Cradle Rock Style :lmao: