CC.com 2013 Photo Contest Voting

jon

Alright folks it is FINALLY here, the voting for the 2013 Photo Contest presented to you by American Alpine Institute. We apologize for how long it took to get the final voting going, the cc.com corporate jet has been grounded by some stupid battery problem and it made it hard to fly in all the volunteer judges.

Slightly different this year. Voting is done in each category. Also, you vote for TWO photos/videos. Why two? Because it ends up being a more decisive vote. Plus there are a ton of awesome photos.

Thank you to everyone who submitted photos. It is very hard to distill thing down to the best photos. Unfortunately we had to disqualify several really great photos because the rules were not followed regarding posting the images here.

In addition to the prizes listed below we are going to be doing some random giveaways as well. Voting ENDS Noon on May 10, 2013, at which point the results will be revealed and winners announced.

Ok here are the finalists and the voting, please go to the end of each thread and vote for your two favorites.

The Categories

Rab Alpine Category -- Rab Xenon Jacket^

AAI Cragging Category -- $330 AAI Gift Cert*

AAI Scenic Category -- $330 AAI Gift Cert*

Mountain Gear Skiing & Boarding Category -- Mountain Gear Backcountry Essentials Avy Package valued at $340

Seattle Bouldering Project Bouldering Category -- 6 month pass to Seattle Bouldering Project valued at $432

Rab Ice Category -- Rab Infinity Jacket^

Humor Category -- $120 BackcountryGear.com + (2) 1 Month SBP passes

AAI Video Category -- $330 AAI Gift Cert*

Edited by jon

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a formatting thought for the future; the photos are numbered a little close together and I can see how someone could think a photo was numbered for the one above vs below it and end up not voting for the one they intended. Perhaps next year put a gap between photos so it is more clear what number is associated its which photo. Carry on with the spectacular work gentlemen!

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot to post this announcement a couple days ago. We've extended the voting until Noon on May 15 to give a little more time for people to vote.

Edited by jon

• 2 weeks later...
Is there gonna be a "Photo Contest Winners" thread or something or do I have to scroll to the 10th page of each category, check the winner graph, then go back and find that number pic in the big list? I'm lazy. . . ;-) Great pics all!

I'm working on that during my lunch break today :) Sorry for the slowness I've got a few things going on :)