Springtime Baby!

telemarker

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A tick story: not from L-Town.

I had a tick embedded in my scrotum in MT as a child. Perfect: moist, folds, dark, and well used. Tick heaven. I asked advice discreetly and was told to use alcohol to make him or her back out. I used Jack Daniels cuz I was a newbie. And it didn't work.

I have had dozens of ticks and once they get in they don't come out without surgery. Something about engorging under the skin and not caring or able to come out comes to mind.

I also had a bee sting on the head of my penis as a kid and the doc that treated me came to my wedding and my "gift" was a bee in a cage. Good times!

Edited by matt_warfield

ticks don't burrow all the way under and stay there, they will come off eventually on their own. That's what they do. Obviously, there are plenty of health reasons to remove them ASAP. Don't use alcohol or other "smothering" agents, just pull it straight out with tweezers. It's no big deal, just grip it as close to the skin as possible so you don't tear it in half, and pull straight up.

I've never heard of anyone needed surgery.

i'll bet I have had more ticks than you and I have never had one come out on their own through any means. Surgery just means digging them out.

And by burrow under I mean just their head. It becomes engorged and they can't get it out for days while they slumber. Your technique always leaves me with a head inside and a body in my tweezers.

Edited by matt_warfield

hiking on the AT with my gf (now wife) we found more than our fair share of deer ticks in/around places that I am thankful I had the help of someone else. This was in PA and into the NE..lyme central

chiggers suck for the itch, as bad as fleas or worse. but they are not a disease transmitting vector so... i rate tick as 'worse'. ill take a body of chigger bites than a case of lyme disease.

hiking on the AT with my gf (now wife) we found more than our fair share of deer ticks in/around places that I am thankful I had the help of someone else.

I once got a tick on my dick whilst skinny dipping. My wife (at the time) took the task of removing it. I was pretty gripped, to say the least. TICK DICK!!!

hiking on the AT with my gf (now wife) we found more than our fair share of deer ticks in/around places that I am thankful I had the help of someone else.

I once got a tick on my dick whilst skinny dipping. My wife (at the time) took the task of removing it. I was pretty gripped, to say the least. TICK DICK!!!
Right on the one-eyed purple warrior, no less. Since then, I'm even more terrified to leave my house during tick season.

Right on the one-eyed purple warrior, no less. Since then, I'm even more terrified to leave my house during tick season.
Not to mention, who is going to remove it now that the wife is gone...