Killer toys for Christmas

freeclimb9

Behold the list of the 14 year old son...

MAX’S XMAS LIST FOR 2K2

Detailed information and purchasing instructions

are available for each item.

Gamecube - Game system

Resident Evil - Gamecube game

Mario Sunshine - Gamecube game

Metroid Prime - Gamecube game

Game Boy Advance - Game system

Metroid Fusion - Game Boy Advance game

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance - Game Boy Advance game

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - Playstation 2 game

ICO - Playstation 2 game

Rez - Playstation 2 game

“Does anyone here speak l337!?” Shirt *

White Freezepop Shirt w/ Orange Katakana Logo **

Freezepop Forever - Audio CD by Freezepop

Fashion Impression Function - Audio CD by Freezepop

Exit Planet Dust - Audio CD by the Chemical Brothers

Surrender - Audio CD by the Chemical Brothers

Twisted - Audio CD by Halucinogen

In Dub - Audio CD by Halucinogen

Tales of the Inexpressable - Audio CD by Shpongle

Are You Shpongled? - Audio CD by Shpongle

CD Burner

Boom Box

Neon Genesis Evangelion - DVD boxed set

Cowboy Bebop - DVD boxed set

Trigun - DVD boxed set

* http://www.thinkgeek.com/interests/megatokyo/leetware/5af2/

** freezepop.net

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glacier said:

One word - Legos

My experience suggests you can't go wrong there. My step-son, who's now 21 (but was once both 7 and 9), still has several large tubs full that he swears never to part with. It seems they play an integral part in his future plans to be the Wierd Uncle. He will rant though about how modern Legos tend to be too specific, and kids all too often treat them as models: the kit makes one thing and that's it. The ability to combine all those pieces into something you've made up yourself is where that toy really shines. But then again, I am a general contractor, so maybe that colors my perceptions... Geek_em8.gif

I'm trying to get together a handful of cool new books for my brother for Christmas. I pulled these titles from Salon.com's list of recommends (I'm pretty sure I'll get the last three books. I want to read them. All of them, actually). Anybody read any of these books? Would you add any titles?

Nine Parts of Desire: The Hidden World of Islamic Women -- by Geraldine Brooks

"The Soldier's Return" by Melvyn Bragg

"The Cave" by José Saramago

Nowhere Man -- by Aleksandar Hemon

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Apt. 3W -- by Gabriel Brownstein

The Girl From the Coast: A Novel -- by Pramoedya Ananta Toer

A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius -- by Dave Eggers

The Pirate Hunter: The True Story of Captain Kidd -- by Richard Zacks

Legos rule and are worth HOURS of entertain ment for my boys... they take all those "specific" legos put them all in one tub and make the coolest original ships and stations that I have ever seen. I don't think my kids believe in "directions" wink.gif

We've been trying to figure out if our 6 yr old is big enough for *kinex* (sp)

Edited by Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer

I know I'm fantasizing here, but I really really hope to keep the kids away from the videogame world as long as possible.

Maybe it was Dave Barry who said that he never wanted his kids to watch videos; he pictured them doing good Amish things like weaving and churning butter. Then he gave in, and eventually his family bought the entire Disney collection. Well, my kids watch too many videos already, so my Maginot Line (for now) is videogames. They're not yet 5, but hear their friends talk about 'em, so their interest is piqued.

I guess I think of videogames the same way my parents thought of TV---new opiate of the people. My folks succumbed to their first TV set when I was 14 (after my siblings and I were already into books). I'm probably obsessing like my parents did.

Shit, child-rearing is scary. Wish we were back in the pre-AIDS, pre-crack, pre-internet, pre-Columbine good old days.

(sigh) me too.

just make sure that when wink.gif you give in you set firm limits. Video games are not "bad" they actualy teach great hand eye coordination. Just make sure you stay on top of what games they get and how long they play for. My kids think it is a fun treat laugh.gif especialy at the arcade, now THAT is some fun smile.gif

DUDE don't beat your self up for it.... there are far worse things you could do to your child. I love movies... don't you? I am not adivcating "lazy parenting" here, just pointing out that the things that we all seem to do are not evil, per say.