• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

iain said:

Szyjakowski said:

deleted

were you going to ask erik which states legally allow gay and/or livestock marriages? he appears to be an authority from his last post.

iain i refute that statement..you are the one with the pics!!! i am just horrified!!!

• 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...
When I was on Overcoat Glacier two weeks ago there were gajillions of ice worms out there. There is a fair amount of information about them on google.com. Birds were hopping about on the snow picking them up.

[ 06-19-2002, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: Mike Collins ]

Too bad reasonable access to Overcoat Glacier is now extinct - compliments of the modern environmental minority.

That's simply not true. "MidForc", Mountains-to-Sound Greenway, and "ALPS" actively petitioned for its closure. WTA supported it, but wasn't promoting the decommissioning. Were it not for these pressure groups claiming to represent the masses the Upper Middle Fork Road would have remained open.

That's simply not true. "MidForc", Mountains-to-Sound Greenway, and "ALPS" actively petitioned for its closure. WTA supported it, but wasn't promoting the decommissioning. Were it not for these pressure groups claiming to represent the masses the Upper Middle Fork Road would have remained open.
Well it's a lost battle and you keep bringing it up and wringing your hands over it. That road was probably the worst road in the entire FS system. It ate cars for breakfast. I've had damage on two different trips. I wouldn't drive that road, even if it were open.

I keep bringing it up because it was an obvious key in their plan, and a terrible defeat for common-sense non-motorized recreation. Their victory on the upper middle fork has since borne fruit for similar pressure groups that have succeeded in closing the road out of Stehiken. Your favorite road may not be next - but it will come up on their list eventually. The USFS let the Middle Fork Road decay while the debate raged, but it could have been properly maintained all-the-while. You just keep rolling over for these enviro-idiots and pretty soon your "weekend outing" will be a thing of the past - unless you really like hiking endless miles of decommissioned road.