Wake up slaves

kevbone

Obama is no different than republicans.

Only days after clearing Congress, US President Barack Obama signed his name to H.R. 347 on Thursday, officially making it a federal offense to cause a disturbance at certain political events — essentially criminalizing protest in the States.

And before you forget, the president can now detain you for getting too close to his front yard, order your assassination if the country considers you a threat and lock you away for life with no charge if you’re alleged to be a terrorist. You, on the other hand, can’t yell obscenities at Newt Gingrich without risking arrest.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama is no different than republicans.

Only days after clearing Congress, US President Barack Obama signed his name to H.R. 347 on Thursday, officially making it a federal offense to cause a disturbance at certain political events — essentially criminalizing protest in the States.

And before you forget, the president can now detain you for getting too close to his front yard, order your assassination if the country considers you a threat and lock you away for life with no charge if you’re alleged to be a terrorist. You, on the other hand, can’t yell obscenities at Newt Gingrich without risking arrest.

Man that sounds a whole lot better then sending hundreds of thousands of our citizens into 3 foreign countries to have 6500 of them die and tens of thousands more seriously injured.... over a bunch of lies.

Wake up slaves

:rolleyes:

Uh.... Kev.....

What a choice of words for your thread on the FIRST African American President.....

BTW He's WAY different than Palin, Santorum, Cain because he has a brain.

Nice....play the race card. It never crossed my mind.

Are you saying you agree with his signing of this bill?

whoa...

that was awfully culturally/politically sensitive of you.

i'm not sure that any of them, palin, santorum or obama have the common sense of a door knob. brain or not, its all in the application.

if i have a rack full of brand new cams, nuts, biners and slings but i don't know how to use them then i'm still gonna get hurt

Yeah well as a first generation immigrant on my Dad's side, I often notice all sorts of not so subtle GOP race baiting that goes on, not to mention all the n-words that get thrown around when the locals here in Wyo get to talking barstool politics.

There really are big differences.

Your choice of words dude.

Hey sorry Minx (& Kev),

Just seemed kinda obvious to me that the choice of words was almost as over the top as the post.

I guess it is a good reminder that in a country as diverse as ours, it's always good to keep in mind that some of us will always miss what is obvious to the rest.

Just very tired of all this chicken little shock culture war bs going on.

And to answer the question: I could care less, would be nice to see folks showing a little respect at public gathering, instead of dragging down the dialogue as seems the norm these days.

Look at it this way, if I jumped up during a showing of Star Wars Episode I in 3D and started hollering shit at Jar Jar Binks, you can be damn sure I'd be arrested.

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! :rawk::moondance: sickie

Coldfinger --

relax! i wasn't riled up by your comment. i thought it was sort of funny in an ironic sort of way. No offense to Kevbone but I didn't assume he created that title as a play on words. In fact, the implication didn't even a occur to me until you pointed it out.

Now is the fact I didn't notice a positive sign or a negative one on the racism issue in this country? Obama's race did not even occur to me in this discussion until you pointed it out.

Funny thing perspective...

shush...i forgot about cc.com and the cake thing since i normally don't post on my birthday. you don't want to have to email Jon to get unbanned do you? ;)

Nahh...Jon is President and Porter is CEO i think Timmy is AWOL...kinda like BOD of position I think .

At best I'm the evil empress of sprayland.

My banning services can be bought on a limited basis. I will ban any poster if they request their own bannination and provide a large check. Kurt keeps underbidding me though. So if you want a cut rate ban, PM him.

So are they gonna use this bill to arrest all those Westboro Baptist nutjobs or what?

I wish...

nonsense - gotta love those guys! its good to see the 1st amendment as an emergency thermostat on the radiator of insanity that is the american republic. you have to choose between psycho religious types who strap on bombs vs those who strap on billboards, dig? which do you prefer?

What is insane is allowing anyone to stand at a burial place, with the most vile signs, shouting, the most vile things at the top of their lungs while families just want to bury their dead, in peace...

Not a matter of preference. It's a matter of basic civility and respect for the grieving, not necessarily the lost. It goes beyond 1st amendment guarantees in my opinion. The 1st was not intended as an anything goes proposition...

I prefer neither. Yes I would cart them all off were it up to me...

d

So are they gonna use this bill to arrest all those Westboro Baptist nutjobs or what?

I wish...

nonsense - gotta love those guys! its good to see the 1st amendment as an emergency thermostat on the radiator of insanity that is the american republic. you have to choose between psycho religious types who strap on bombs vs those who strap on billboards, dig? which do you prefer?

word!

It's a matter of basic civility and respect for the grieving, not necessarily the lost.

a couple of atheist quotes might be in order?

"you can not legislate taste"

and

"i disagree with what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it"

"hauling them all off" only results in their cause gaining sympathy and thus, their message, validity - the result of that of course is, free speech being denied, a bottomless supply of them take to violence, since they have no other choice. each one of those "god hates fags" sign is therefore like listening to a bullet bounce off a steel wall, a reminder that, in a dangerous world, you've found a safe place...

What is insane is allowing anyone to stand at a burial place, with the most vile signs, shouting, the most vile things at the top of their lungs while families just want to bury their dead, in peace...

Not a matter of preference. It's a matter of basic civility and respect for the grieving, not necessarily the lost. It goes beyond 1st amendment guarantees in my opinion. The 1st was not intended as an anything goes proposition...

I prefer neither. Yes I would cart them all off were it up to me...

d

Oh god, you mean the government gets to decide what is mean and hurtful, and if I'm too mean and vile they'll haul me off? :crazy:

NO THANKS!