... "Hear the steam

See the steam

Hear the steam

Hear the screaming hot black steaming

Iridescent naugahyde python's gleaming

Steam roller"

quote:

Originally posted by Dr Flash Amazing:

Oh, oops. The Doctor thought those were two separate titles for other albums the way you had them in your post. Silly DFA!

Oh my god, DFA, don't blame yourself! It was my fault. My post was abstruse and obfuscatory in nature. Please be gentle with yourself. I take all the blame. Forgive me.

"Collective bargaining, in my opinion, is a legal form of extortion and an attempt at mob rule."

Mob rule? Like, where a bunch of people pull together to get the person in charge to run things how the group wants them run? Like one of those democracy things where people pull together to get the person in charge to ... hey, wait a minute! [Eek!]

quote:

Originally posted by Dr Flash Amazing:

"Collective bargaining, in my opinion, is a legal form of extortion and an attempt at mob rule."

Mob rule? Like, where a bunch of people pull together to get the person in charge to run things how the group wants them run? Like one of those democracy things where people pull together to get the person in charge to ... hey, wait a minute!
[Eek!]

No, like when a bunch of people pull together and make it clear to a business owner that there could be bad "accidents" or low "productivity" if said business owner doesn't do what the group wants. Like when a large group of people get together go to a business owner and say, "we won't allow your products to reach their destination unless you give us XXX amount of dollars."

Here's a book I've been reading to understand some of the history of the Middle East and our role in it.

"From Beruit to Jerusalem" by Thomas Freidman

The guy is an American journalist who worked for UPI and The NY Times in the 70's and 80's, stationed in Beruit and Jerusalem. His perspective on the events I remember seeing on the TV news as a kid is interesting. I was too young to really understand what was going on back then. Reading about the events in the late 70's and early 80's has helped me understand some of the hatred we see directed today at the US.

I'm not going to try and summarize what he talks about but for anyone interested it's a good book and I find his material to be balanced and as objective as possible.

quote:

Originally posted by RobBob:

BTW, there's a story on NPR today about Chechens (supported by Al Queda) purported to be targeting old Russian nukes for terrorism. That could be ugly.

There was an even harder-hitting story on NPR today about the bronze turkey and how delicious it is.

quote:

Originally posted by RobBob:

Hey,

What's this new, smart-ass version of Iain about?
[Wazzup]

I'm just speaking the truth. I'm sure someone else caught that bronze turkey expose. It actually was about a farm here in Oregon's Strawberry Mtns. Can't handle the heat? STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN! [laf]

-