Smith Rock Trad?

mhux

zebra/zion

Best climb for the grade in the park. IMO......

Made it into Fred's top 100 :tup:

That final pitch is one of my all time favorites. How can you not love overhanging jugs with great exposure and good gear.

And once you're on top you're sitting on the most excellent belay ledge with a 180 degree view of the madness far below you.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya Thin air is the shit. The beginning is nice if you stick the crack just. Then you can anchor out at the top, from there you can stitch the boulder shoulder towards the upper koala head wall (40' 5.1?). Then there are some burly old anchors that could an Abrams tank. from there its another pitch of sport... gnarliest start. first bolt is above the overhanging arete, hanging over jagged boulders and the belayer. I blew out my toes on my shoes because the rock was so rough in sections. That's one I pink pointed... but not going back to

Yeah! that upper part is fun pulling that little roof part. Sharp crimps and tiny edged for feet. the first pitch is a great too

I was always partial to fourth horseman area. You got pack animal, friday's jinx first pitch with crack of infinity second pitch (5.8 splitter yo!), or crack of infinity start if you want somehting harder or a 5.10a diagonal finger crack inbetween crack of infinity and friday's jinx 1st pitch.

Another option if of course Solar, which is a bitchen crack and you can start out by climbing Phonecall from Satan bolted pitch.

Edited by shapp

another random bit...holy trad trinity in a sea of sport routes: toys in the attic (9), hesistation blues (10b), & toy blocks (10a). can tr the 2nd by leading the 1st & can (probably) tr the third by leading some sport (7 or 8) to the left around the corner. always thought that toys in the attic was a great route but the bird shit keeps telling me otherwise

+1 for Toys in the Attic. It's scarier to follow than to lead. After leading it last time, my partner refused to clean it and I had to follow my own lead.

Don't tell anyone, but Toys in the Attic stays completely dry in a rainstorm. And the bird droppings aren't that bad, though the smell can be interesting. Man up!