What Kind Of Car Do Real Mountaineers/Climbers Have?

STORER

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by shredmaximus:

Last time I was at Smith I heard a rumor that some scumbag had a Outback master key and was breaking into cars that way? I wonder if that just an urban legend?

Heard the same thing, but it might have been on this board.

It was ion this board last year or maybe in the springtime this year. Luckily my Legacy was untouched. They probably didnt like the looks of Fern and Alisdair's smelly kit spread out all over the backseat. Or my evil socks baking in the sunlight in the cargo space! [big Grin]

Off White was singing the praises of the VW Van some posts back. I own one myself. But when I recently ran into the Captain Nemo version, I thought that this was just the ticket for those water approaches to Banks Lake climbs I’ve heard about. The downside is navigating in traffic with the periscope. -

Trask had a good idea with the Porsche. Try the GT2 - that will haul your ass to the crag in no time. If you can't afford that, I think freeclimb9 had the right idea about the WRX. I have driven that, and when the turbo kicks in... whoooooo!! It is cheap considering its high performance/usefulness quotient too. Also, the Grand Cherokees with the V8 or with the V8 High Output are pretty fun and fast for SUVs. Don't buy it with the six though - not nearly enough power. Otherwise, you could always cruise around in a '76 cherokee like myself.