I'm outta here...see you in a few weeks....

Thinker

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I found a Unimog for sale while sallying about the country. It currently resides in Coeur d'Alene. I'm not in a position to buy it, but a recent thread indicated that there was some interest in such a beast. Will post details when I find them again in my pigsty of a roadtrippin' machine.

DFA...check out the climbing at Marcus, WA when you get a chance.

I was taken to and explored and climbed on a bit of that limestone back in the 80's. We had no idea where anything was. We just showed up and missed the good stuff but the small crags we found were pretty good. I believe in general the limestone there has a high amount of calcium in it. Somewhere I have a pic showing my rope running in and out of several threads. I am not sure if the developed areas have the same kind of rock. The drive to the crags from Seattle is about as far a from Sea to Smith. Marty's guide is really nice. Quality paper, drawings and lots of pics.

civilization to Marcus:

spokane airport to colville - 1.5 hours

Colville to Marcus: .5 hours

approach: 20 min

well bolted, yyyyyeessss, beautiful limestone. be happy to pass around the guidebook at pube club sometime.

workin over here in Colville.....