This is a test of my offensive Avatar Image

Necronomicon

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by iain:

F'in-a get James Carville in the oval office. Foreign policy experience as consultant to many foreign prime ministers etc etc. Wife Mary M is assistant to Bush so he's even got the bi-partisan angle and he's a hard ass.
[laf]
how ya like them apples?
[Wazzup]

Oh, my ticker!!!!!

[laf][Moon][big Drink]

Page TOP!!!

[ 09-16-2002, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: Greg W ]

Bush does a great job on the world stage and shows how actual presidents do the job. He says what needs saying in blunt language, and does what needs to be done *regardless* of world opinion.

What the rest of the world thinks is entirely beside the point, what matters is are they right? And in many cases, the answer is: NO.

No, it is not right to subject Americans to "courts" which are not bound by constitutional dictates for evidence, for court proceedings or structures, and most importantly, to be held accountable to laws voted on by our legislators as defined in the constitution. The world court blows.

No, it is not right to allow the UN to dictate what our national security concerns are. If we are threatened and find the threat sufficient, we are not obligated to allow American corpses in a new place in this nation, as another example to the UN that bad people are bad. Regardless of how the UN feels about it.

No, it is not right to buy into a worthless climate treaty even it's *proponents* say will change the temperature by 0.2C over a century, and only delay the climb to the higher temp by 5 years. Assuming one buys the whole notion that one greenhouse gas out of many controls the earths climate. And is predictable. And controllable.

What the rest of the world thinks is of no consequence when it comes to leading. Leadership is not following what everyone else applauds and agrees on but in charting a course that is correct regardless of who agrees at the time.

Listening to "world opinion", *especially* the opinion of Europe which has been responsible for all of the worlds worst wars, is hardly the responsible course. If you want to know how to avoid war, listen carefully to the Europeans and then do the exact opposite.

Meanwhile..... Bush gets the job done again.

09/16 6:37P (DJ)+DJ Annan Confirms Iraq Has Accepted Return Of UN Inspectors

Story 6422 DJ Annan/Iraq-2: Letter Delivered By Iraq Foreign Min

UNITED NATIONS (AP)--Iraq unconditionally accepted the return of U.N.

weapons inspectors late Monday, U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan said.

"I can confirm to you that I have received a letter from the Iraqi

authorities conveying its decision to allow the return of inspectors without

conditions to continue their work," he said.

"There is good news," Iraqi Foreign Minister Naji Sabri said moments

earlier.

Sabri and Arab League chief Amr Moussa met late with Annan and transmitted a

letter from the Iraqi government on the inspectors' return.

Under Security Council resolutions, sanctions imposed on Iraq after its

1990 invasion of Kuwait cannot be lifted until U.N. inspectors certify that

its weapons of mass destruction have been destroyed. Inspectors left the

country four years ago ahead of U.S. and British airstrikes to punish Iraq

for not cooperating with inspections.

Since then, Iraq has refused to allow inspectors to return, and the

stalemate had split the United States, Britain, Russian, France and China -

the five powerful members of the U.N. Security Council

quote:

Originally posted by MtnGoat:

He says what needs saying in blunt language...

I've got some blunt language, too:

Marijuana, pot, reefer, grass, smoke, weed, doobie, mary jane, hooch, spleef, cheeba, ganja, da kine, joint, bone, sage, herb, da kind, hemp, cannabis, pakalolo, and blunt! [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by sk:

quote:

Originally posted by MtnGoat:

He says what needs saying in blunt language...

I've got some
blunt
language, too:

Marijuana, pot, reefer, grass, smoke, weed, doobie, mary jane, hooch, spleef, cheeba, ganja, da kine, joint, bone, sage, herb, da kind, hemp, cannabis, pakalolo, and blunt!
[big Grin]
Is that all you Oregon housewives have to think about: escaping reality through drugs and what's happening on your favorite "reality" tv show? Don't get malomar goo on your keyboard [Roll Eyes]

Greg W

we got used to it during the warming since the little ice age of the 19th century, and we got used to the global cooling following the period when it was warm enough to farm greenland when the vikings lived there. We'll get used to for one important reason, it happens all the time, we have nothing to do with it, nor can we stop it.

Other than that, it's great about the inspections, it will be interesting to see if they actually happen.

Bush gets the credit here and from Mr UN himself, Kofi Annan, I'll bet that makes some teeth grind. [big Grin]

"What the rest of the world thinks is of no consequence when it comes to leading. Leadership is not following what everyone else applauds and agrees on but in charting a course that is correct regardless of who agrees at the time."

For a president so far in the energy industry's pocket, GWB hardly stands out as an example of maverick, opinion-be-damned leadership. Doing campaign touring in an Enron corporate jet and appointing energy industry bigwigs to energy policy task force positions doesn't do much to suggest that W's reasons for ditching the Kyoto treaty lie entirely in science and logic, either.

quote:

Originally posted by jkrueger:

quote:

Originally posted by sk:

Marijuana, pot, reefer, grass, smoke, weed, doobie, mary jane, hooch, spleef, cheeba, ganja, da kine, joint, bone, sage, herb, da kind, hemp, cannabis, pakalolo, and blunt!
[big Grin]

Hey - these were
my
innane, valuless comments?
[Wazzup]
Then you're batting a thousand on this thread, junior.

quote:

Originally posted by jkrueger:

quote:

Originally posted by sk:

[big Grin]

Hey - these were
my
innane, valuless comments?
[Wazzup]
Do you wear SK's dresses when you post as her?

"For a president so far in the energy industry's pocket, GWB hardly stands out as an example of maverick, opinion-be-damned leadership."

Sometimes the correct course is not a maverick one. Note how I have not said leadership demands following, I have also not said that leadership demands maverick action. A correct course of action is independent of either because who follows, or doesn't, or how many, simply has no relation to what is supportable objectively.

"Doing campaign touring in an Enron corporate jet"

Unless you are going to include Clintons *larger* role in Enron's dealings, this isn't a very balanced view of Enron as they relate to presidencies.

"and appointing energy industry bigwigs to energy policy task force positions doesn't do much to suggest that W's reasons for ditching the Kyoto treaty lie entirely in science and logic, either."

Why not? If you don't beleive in Kyoto, why *wouldn't* you put bigwigs in a task force? You'd only avoid doing so if you did swallow Kyoto hook line and sinker.