• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by AlpineK:

"Fuck da police coming straight from the underground...."

NWA rules

Whiter than white guys that love a group with a name like "Niggers With Attitude" crack me up. Rock on AlpineK!!! [rockband] (sorry, no turntables for scratchin')

quote:

Originally posted by Greg W:

quote:

NWA rules

Whiter than white guys that love a group with a name like "Niggers With Attitude" crack me up.

Why? Kinda ironic, huh?

It seems as though the whole point of a black man co-opting a historically derisive term such as "*" is to render the term meaningless. It's kinda like a big "fuck you" to the racists. Maybe other things , too.

In NY, there are Jews who call themselves "Jew Boys". Now if the Jew Boys put out a fucking universal album that speaks to sumpthin in ya, would you make fun of a non-Jew who purchased said album and "loved" it?

Or how 'bout The Kikes? I hear they fucking rock!

See what I mean? But I think I also understand your apprehension, considering I used to have it too, before I got comfortable hanging out on the streets more, and came to understand the "big picture" a little better.

BTW, have you listened to Whitey who raps like a muthafucka? He's got this new joint that busts shit up, man, you know who I'm talking about. Everyone's favorite, M muthafuckin M.

quote:

Originally posted by Greg W:

quote:

NWA rules

Whiter than white guys that love a group with a name like "Niggers With Attitude" crack me up. Rock on AlpineK!!!
[rockband]
(sorry, no turntables for scratchin')

Ya know Greg I bet most of the music you like has roots in, "black," music.

I've never lived in the gheto, but I do like people who can express themselves in an amusing and obnoxious way. NWA is pretty dam good at that. Think of them as super spray masters.

I'm sure you don't get it.

[ 08-29-2002, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: AlpineK ]