water!

AllYouCanEat

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let there always be snow, to quench the climber's thirsty soul!

got to have some, look for the brand new Miox disenfectant pen and throw those heavy slow filters away, coming in 2002 to a gear store near you. It was just featured in a blurb in the latest outside magazine, having field tested it already, i think this thing ROCKS! those snafflehounds piss and shit in our water supply, dirty little f------ stay away from Teddy R!

i never got sick from drinking water from a stream *. iron gut, filters bah.

I hear if you mix 100ml of hard liquor with 900ml of water in a Nalgene it disinfects the whole thing. Better tasting than iodine.

* I never drank from the crooked river at smith either wink.gif

Just to be safe for those of you with a microbe prone stomach: up the dosage to 900ml of hard liquor with a splash of water.

Let there be snow. I'm ready to ride (oops, wrong site). Any backcountry riders out there? Don't be ashamed.

Any backcountry riders from Oregon. Yes we have reason to bow our heads.

quote:

Originally posted by haireball:

"water? never touch the stuff! fish fuck in it!!!" - attributed to W. C. Fields

On my first visit to your beautiiful home town of L-worth, in fall 1991, I hiked down to the Tumwater after a day of climbing on Castle Rock, to wash my hands. The salmon were spawning... hands went in chalky and came out sticky from all the fish jism floating around.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, first things first. Dru, Cavey, I thought you guys climbed on ocassion?? An absolutely beautiful September Saturday just happened and I see from your post times that you were inside just like me. I am moving across the country in a few day so I have an excuse, You????????

Now about the water...... I grew up and now make a living on the water in this area. Without it we would be nothing more than another Spokane. ( I kinda like Spokane actually...) It is what makes the Cascades/Olympics what it is and we owe everything to it. It is the blood of our Mother Earth and wherever it flows should be treated with as much respect as your own blood.

Yeah fish fuck in it but y'all ( I'm still practicing my accent) wash your own jism out of your sheets (or socks......Cavman??) with the very same water that them there salmon get their rocks off in.

I have swam in, floated on, paddled, dove (divin??) drank, waded, and fallen down in waters from North of Nome, Alaska to California and never once has this "blood of our Earth" treated me any worse that I have treated it.

Remember, think before you make a mess, someone ALWAYS lives downstream.

My $0.02 as a salmon biologist and human