• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Buckshot

Is resoling rock shoes worth it?

I'd call John Ramuta and explain what you've got. I doubt he'd take something on that wasn't a go.

This (and Lodestone) is how to get started. If you're trying to save $, no point paying shipping to find out the shoes are shot.

Well worth it. Ramuta is THE MAN. It's no joke that your shoes come back BETTER than factory fresh, especially the edges. I have a beater pair of gym MOCS that are now on their 5th or 6th resole. Still good!

Frankly, 9 out of 10 climbers and DUMB when it comes to resoling. They wait to damn long and kill their rand or the shoe. WHY? Seriously. Do you let any other shoe you own get so beat that you can see your TOES? As SOON as the sole gets CLOSE to not protecting the upper rand, they go in.

Rudy-

I have had plenty of soles resoled by Ramuta and I can say say James at Cascade Cobbler is as good a re-soler and a little less $$. You should try him out.

Another vote for Ramuta's. Sent him three pairs including some OLD trashed La Sportiva high tops that I had a sentimental attachment to. Yes, I waited way to long. Had a conversation with him when he got them and he said he would do his best. In the end he decided that he couldn't save them because the heel cup had disintegrated but he shipped em' back to me (didn't charge me for shipping)with an apology. Looking them over I realized that he really had tried to fix them and had obviously spent a little time on them all ready when he decided it wasn't worth it. Never charged me a penny for those attempted repairs and the other two pair came back better than they both were the day I bought them. This was my first and only experience with him but I will send every shoe I need resoled to Ramuta's for as long as he is in business.

Agree with Rudy...don't mess around...just send them to Ramuta's

Cascade Cobbler does a pretty good job but, at least when I tried them they weren't up to ramuta's standards. The toe was great but the outside edge was kind weird I think due to a mis shaped last or something...this was on a pair of anasazi velcro's and it wasn't a hugh deal except on hard face climbing like you get at index.