This explains so much of "spray"

Peter_Puget

The well to do's I've talked to realize their taxes are low...too low - according to the older folks with a sense of history. Rich or poor; nobody voluntarily pays more taxes than owed, of course. These folks have told me they wouldn't have a problem paying Clinton era taxes.

Sure, some wealthy people know what's going on and are quite alright but I was generalizing to be funny; however, the evidence suggests that a large number of the well to do not only do not want to pay taxes but are actively engaged in politicking to avoid their republican duty, i.e. paying their fair share of taxes.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Contrary to some opinions here, the Tea Party has been crashed. The Dems knew that if they won (it was more of a slaughter) this round, they'd practically not even have to show up for the debt limit 'fight'. The Mandaterz can puff themselves up in the mirror all they want about the 'looming battle royale', but the old guard Rs...and most of the rest of us, I'd wager, already know that the only thing that's bleeding after this amateurish attempt to push a Trojan Horse, Plastic-Jebus-Meets-Bleed-the-Weak (oh, excuse, me, 'freeloaders') agenda is Ryan's asshole.

This paves the way for more reasonable, compassionate budget reform: taxing the rich (duh) and, hopefully, real military spending cuts (ditto duh).

But hey, thanks for all the street theatre. I only caught it after the fact, but it did bring me no small amount of joy.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

I'd wager that a large number of all of us, if not all, would prefer if someone else foot the bill. Fortunately, the rich are a) in the minority and b) have the money to spare.

Well, although comfortable by my standard, I am not wealthy but I am proud to pay my share of taxes and I wouldn't want it any other way. Some people would call it patriotism but it's not my shtick and I am content with understanding that I get it back in one form or another as long as the looters don't have their way with the treasury (as they unfortunately currently do).

seems like a "no-shit" statement to me - people who have everything sleep soundly at night while poor folk stay up worrying about how to keep their families together? wow, amazing insight! :grin:

Interesting since it seems the rich have just as much trouble (if not more) "keeping their families together".

that might be true, but that's generally more b/c they can afford 6k$/day coke habits? :)

don't think the rich folks family problems revolve so much around keeping their kids in health insurance, w/ a roof over their heads, in a decent school, etc. etc.

Would be interesting to compare the experiences of various poor immigrant groups with just as little money as the "native" poor and see how they score on all of the metrics of family dysfunction - divorce, delinquency, dependency, illegitimacy, etc.

Willing to bet that household income would explain relatively little of the variance between groups that are equally poor.

seems like a "no-shit" statement to me - people who have everything sleep soundly at night while poor folk stay up worrying about how to keep their families together? wow, amazing insight! :grin:

Interesting since it seems the rich have just as much trouble (if not more) "keeping their families together".

that might be true, but that's generally more b/c they can afford 6k$/day coke habits? :)

don't think the rich folks family problems revolve so much around keeping their kids in health insurance, w/ a roof over their heads, in a decent school, etc. etc.

Would be interesting to compare the experiences of various poor immigrant groups with just as little money as the "native" poor and see how they score on all of the metrics of family dysfunction - divorce, delinquency, dependency, illegitimacy, etc.

Willing to bet that household income would explain relatively little of the variance between groups that are equally poor.

Interesting for a cyber voyeuristic sociopath with a bigotry issues, perhaps. For the rest of us, not so much.

Contrary to some opinions here, the Tea Party has been crashed. The Dems knew that if they won (it was more of a slaughter) this round, they'd practically not even have to show up for the debt limit 'fight'. The Mandaterz can puff themselves up in the mirror all they want about the 'looming battle royale', but the old guard Rs...and most of the rest of us, I'd wager, already know that the only thing that's bleeding after this amateurish attempt to push a Trojan Horse, Plastic-Jebus-Meets-Bleed-the-Weak (oh, excuse, me, 'freeloaders') agenda is Ryan's asshole.

This paves the way for more reasonable, compassionate budget reform: taxing the rich (duh) and, hopefully, real military spending cuts (ditto duh).

But hey, thanks for all the street theatre. I only caught it after the fact, but it did bring me no small amount of joy.

Holy shit, this sounds great! Did I miss another Obama speech!?

Interesting for a cyber voyeuristic sociopath with a bigotry issues, perhaps. For the rest of us, not so much.

No Data + Ad hominem. Yawn.