Who is Peter Puget

This is Gaper_#1,

Can you guess in 3 tries [big Drink] I will reward the person who does with brews!

Gaper_#1 oops ray has spoken! [Cool][big Drink]

[ 04-18-2002, 11:46 PM: Message edited by: Gaper_#1 ]

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by specialed:

From what little I remember of Washington history in fifth grade I think he was the first white man to discover Puget Sound in the 18th C. Then he sailed to Fiji and got it on with a bunch of brown women.

More specifically he was a lieutenant on board the ship "Discovery" captained by George Vancouver. Not wanting to send the ship through the narrow passage of Admiralty Inlet, Vancouver appointed Lieutenant Peter Puget to take a party of smaller boats to explore the southern sound.

I believe he is credited with being the first white man to enter Puget Sound proper and also with naming Mt. Rainier.

quote:

Originally posted by specialed:

[/qb]

I believe he is credited with being the first white man to enter Puget Sound proper and also with naming Mt. Rainier.

After some pompous asshole back in england no doubt[/QB]

Nope, it's named after the beer.

quote:

Originally posted by ScottP:

quote:

Originally posted by Retrosaurus:

The question is not about the history of his avatar. Who is he?

The question didn't specify a particular Peter Puget.

This is Gaper_#1,

ScottP you are silly. Hold your breath while I bring your prize to Anus Crag tomorrow morning.

Gaper_#1 Has spoken. [Cool]

This is Gaper_#1,

ScottP you fall for it every time. I was climbing today while you were in class. How about that?

At least you do not put bolts at Anus Crag do you? I hope not. You must not be as bad as Peter Pubic.

Gaper_#1 Has spoken. [Cool]

quote:

Originally posted by Gaper_#1:

This is Gaper_#1,

ScottP you fall for it every time. I was climbing today while you were in class. How about that?

At least you do not put bolts at Anus Crag do you? I hope not. You must not be as bad as Peter Pubic.

Gaper_#1 Has spoken.
[Cool]

Yeah, I would rather have been somewhere else.

Uh...

I'm not too familiar with that particular climbing area. Sounds like you know it pretty intimately, however. [Wink]

Bolts. Not a subject I really care about, one way or the other. Fewer is better, in my opinion.

quote:

Originally posted by Peter Puget:

Ok Put a collection up so that Pope and I can go off to the Met. (or other establishment) and we'll enjoy a tastey meal and a good bottle of wine.

We could see a show too. I think Saturday is the last night for Hair and I'd see that again (provided I'm sponsored).