Index 2010 Celebration

mattp

The Washington Climbers Coalition is planning to celebrate the 2009-2010 Index Fund campaign at Index on Sunday, September 19, 2010. With donations from over 4090 individual donors and fund raising events conducted by over a dozen local clubs and climbing-related businesses, the WCC has purchased the Lower Town Wall and we are celebrating 50 years of climbing at this, Washington's most famous crag.

This event will take place in the Index town park. It will include displays and ceremony, catered barbeque, and slideshows after dark. Admission is free.

Out at the Lower Town Wall, two local guide services propose to offer some professional supervision for guided climbing.

Other entertainment and activities are under way.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Mr. Four. Others who may be too shy to claim credit did a lot of the real work on this thing. And the support we received from the local climbing community was, seriously, overwhelming.

Come join us on the 19th, and while you are at it visit the crag for some climbing supervised by guides. I'm trying to contact the professor for an explanation of the research taking place in the tunnel, and we'll think of some more fun to be had as the time approaches. Free barbeque and a slideshow by cc.com's own Colin Haley is already in the works (cc.com own's him, right?).

Index has been a hotbed of activity for 50 years and we're looking forward to another 50 (maybe longer for some of you young'uns). Bring your pictures from today or yesteryear, in JPG format, on some kind of USB device, and we can probably put them into the slideshow.

Long live the best crag in North America! (No, I'm not kidding, I really do think so).

I'll be showing pictures from the first ascent of the Torres Traverse, in Argentine Patagonia. I apologize that some of you may have already seen this slideshow a couple years ago in Seattle.

It was a little wet at Index yesterday. The photographer from the Everett Herald who wanted to take pictures of climbers actually rock climbing got skunked but the rest of us managed to have a good time. Great show from Colin and the hosts at Wave Trek were great!

Crowd2Small.jpg

CrowdSmall.jpg