A couple of important same sex marriage rulings

tvashtarkatena

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone here know what idea this idiot is trying to convey?

Seems like he's arguing for getting the state out of the business of annointing "marriages" all together. Man and woman, two chicks, two dudes - everybody gets the same piece of paper. If you want your marriage blessed by whatever cult/deity/collective that's your business, not the state's.

You've apparently contracted Nitrox's disorder.

'Marriage' IS a civil contract. Hence, you know, the term 'marriage license'. Religiosity is optional...and the state already doesn't give a shit about that component, other than to authorize church members (as it does secular folks) to perform the ceremony.

Religion is irrelevant to both the court cases posted and this discussion in general. I would guess TrailerMan brought it up due to confusion and/or the undeniable urge to counter with something, anything, whenever I post.

Marriage is both a religious ceremony and a civil contract, the later being relatively new in comparison. Marriage predates US law by only a few thousand years. However, you as an atheist want to encourage the government hijacking of marriage because it helps get rid of religion.

I'm actually for gay marriage, but people like you just end up turning off the average person with your abrasive behavior.