Fairness

j_b

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's only a matter of time until you guys break down and give each other the tongue. It's so obvious that you want each other. The withheld passion is clearly bubbling up to the surface and coming out as angst and frustration. Everyone can see it. You won't be able to hold back much longer.

JUST GO WITH IT.

I think it's only a matter of time until you guys break down and give each other the tongue. It's so obvious that you want each other. The withheld passion is clearly bubbling up to the surface and coming out as angst and frustration. Everyone can see it. You won't be able to hold back much longer.

JUST GO WITH IT.

j_b's Mom won't let him out of her basement

Frans de Waal's awards, aka "the moron" according to Jackass:

# 2010 Order of the Netherlands' Lion (knighted).

# 2009 Medal, Società di Medicina & Scienze Naturali, Parma (Italy)

# 2009 Medal, Ariëns Kappers (Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience)

# 2009 Doctor Honoris Causa, University for Humanistics (Netherlands)

# 2008 Fellow of the American Academy of Arts & Sciences

# 2007 Time Magazine 100 World’s Most Influential People Today

# 2005 Member of the American Philosophical Society

# 2005 Arthur W. Staats Award, American Psychological Foundation

# 2004 Member of the (US) National Academy of Sciences

# 1993 Royal Dutch Academy of Sciences

I'll bet FW can come up with more credentials than that.

Cooperation, competition, and cooptition are all in evidence in nature and I suspect 'fairness' is an enevitable outcome of cooperation as a survival strategy. I'd say that in competition, almost by definition, 'cheating' is a very peculiar notion and one which would have to be 'unnaturally' imposed on a system. Take life and feeding on a coral reef - it's a ghastly competition where eating without being eaten is the name of the game and there are no rules. What does 'cheating' even mean in that context?

How strange the notion of 'cheating' is in competition can also be seen again and again on Wall Street and in American corporate board rooms where we as a society attempt to impose 'fairness' where it is clearly as unnatural as 'fidelity' in Hollywoood or politics. You might get all warm and fuzzy talking about 'fairness' in competition, but that warm feeling could just as easily be either a dog or the chairman of Goldman Sachs pissing on your leg.

Or at least that's one monkey's opinion...

Breaking the rules of cooperation would be cheating, for example grabbing all that results from a communal hunt would likely result in no more cooperation. Cooperating to hunt doesn't preclude competition in other domains, like say acquiring the favors of the most dominant male.

Your sick mind doesn't seem to comprehend that responding to systematic verbal abuse by the neanderthals isn't in any way a sign of "wanting one another".

You're the one who wants to plow 5k's, and *I'm* the sicko????

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt, honey.

Sorry, that was mean. Please carry on.

This thread is turning to idiocy like most others but it isn't my responsibility so I didn't feel concerned by your post. I always post in earnest and give people the benefit of the doubt but I can't be held responsible for others. I could of course take my marbles and go home but it would amount to capitulating to the knuckle draggers, so I carry on.

I always post in earnest and give people the benefit of the doubt but I can't be held responsible for others.

riiiiiight. Don't pretend you're above the fray. You fling poo with the rest of them. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but save us the innocent princess act. :rolleyes: