5 days in early May...best area?

kevino

Long story short, I have 5/7-5/11 (5 days) off from work and want to spend as much time outside, since my last several months have been spent studying. I have some ideas in mind but always open to new ideas and other people's thoughts...I was originally thinking go in to some range/cirque, set up base camp and climb (rock or ice) and ski various mountains. Places that come to mind...Stuarts (upper enchantments or stuart?), Pickets (don't know of any specifics), North Cascades (like eldorado icecap)...

Anyway, any thoughts/opinions would be great. Thanks!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote is for Mountaineer Creek- Argonaut, Sherpa, and Stuart could keep you busy for five days for sure. Or, the Ragged Ridge ski traverse if the weather is a bit more settled. You couldn't really go wrong skiing around Klawatti either . ..

JG

Weather in your window will determine your options so while researching is good, make sure you have options in different places (e.g. Rainier or Forbidden area if weather is good or Enchantments or even farther afield if weather is poor in Western WA.