Colchuck Peak

mtn.climber

I'm thinking about climbing Colchuck Peak from Lake Colchuck during the weekend of Feb 21-22. Accoding to Beckey, the route is called the East route, but I've also heard it called the Colchuck glacier route.

Has anyone done this during late winter season? Any information would really help. Thanks.

Edited by mtn.climber

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what route? What kind of information do you want? There are lots of TRs on most of the common routes up there. If you are a little more specific, I'm sure there is lots of beta people can give you.

Edited by rob

not Chuck. Let me know when you're going. Maybe we'll hook up the same weekend.

My bad my brother (Chuck) lives in Wenatchee also... Were still not quite sure what days were going. It might end up being during the week depending on my brothers work schedule but that would be cool to see you up there!Ill let you know.

I've done this route in January, and found the greater challenge to be getting to the lake -- however that was in the early 'eightys when the Stuart Lake trail was not a boot-packed trough. If you're a skier, the Colchuck Glacier makes a great ski descent...

hiking the road adds four miles, and added about two hours to our approach to the lake. Another option is to get a tow from a snowmobile...

Yellow can too. Depends on the wind loading this weekend.

Orange pretty much rules out muti-facet and wide ranging elevation trips at Snoqualmie pass for me.

I'm pretty sure you are trolling but I put that out for general consumption.

I am pretty conservative when it comes to avalanche danger.

Snow stability was pretty good from my opinion. There was some new snow (heavy powder) this morning. Enjoy!

Sorry, this was about snoqulmaie. I'm going up to colchuck monday, I'll report back then.

Sorry. I was confused.

Thanks for the update.