Avocado ...

LostCamKenny

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It works now. I see you've been to the PlaidMan school of fine videography, too.

Thanks Dave

It's a work in progress. Guess I forgot the camera doesn’t auto orientate like my blackberry when u rotate it. :crazy:

Yeah, I do the same thing.

Today was the day. Blue skies, no wind, but lucky for me, I GOT to go do the family Christmas tree day thingy. Anyone heading out Sunday?

Missed you today, got a late start on YW. It was a beautiful day out there, that's for sure.

Quite the rockfall from the lip of the big East Face roof - big blocks almost made it up onto the trail and one pretty good flake did make it to the high side of trail.

Oh, I'm not sure which one of you budding aidmen pulled that pin, but please get ahold of me because I want it back. Thanks.

Also, still have someone's greet DB.

It works now. I see you've been to the PlaidMan school of fine videography, too.

Thanks Dave

It's a work in progress. Guess I forgot the camera doesnt auto orientate like my blackberry when u rotate it. :crazy:

Yeah, I do the same thing.

Today was the day. Blue skies, no wind, but lucky for me, I GOT to go do the family Christmas tree day thingy. Anyone heading out Sunday?

will be out there in the morning dave - gonna do s-wulf w/ justin in the fawk'n cold - come along and hang out! might want to bring some jugs too as i'm planning on doing the upper pitches :)

Did you have a permit for that pin Joseph? :noway:

Because Section 4, paragraph 5 clearly states...... :moondance:

Yes, I did actually. Jim and I placed it and the one at the top of the ramp for an overhead 5-gal. bucket rig and as rap anchors for part of the 2006 two-day pre-opening clean up of a bad New Year's Day rockfall. Jim and I had to clean up the area where it cut loose on the first day so it would be safe for two crews of four to do side-by-side raps to clean up after it all given it was all raining down on the SE Face p3 and base. We discussed removing them, but we are pretty sure we'll have to do another round of the same around that spot sooner or later so we decided to leave them and so we'll need that pin back, thanks.

Scene of the crime, entire East flank of the South Face above the SE Face p3 pitch strewn with rock

Beacon_2006_Cleanup_20060622_031.jpg

Hanging debris at the dropspot before cleanup

Beacon_2006_Cleanup_20060622_033.jpg

Jim after the cleanup was finished and the bucket rigging is down

Beacon_2006_Cleanup_20060622_051.jpg

Lisa Lantz, the WSP SW Regional Resource Steward, and Erik Plunkett (BRSP) both helped with

the planning and Lisa, who 'owns' Beacon and is climber friendly, came down to help supervise

on the second day of the cleanup.

Beacon_2006_Cleanup_20060622_030.jpg

P.S. And for those who don't know, Jim is out with a knee injury and you might call or drop

by over the next couple of weeks while he's on the mend.

All right then Joseph, I'll only issue a warning this time instead of a citation, but slow it down a little and no open beverages.

I didn't get your pin, I was just yanking your chain dude...and kudos for all your hard work.

and all the best and fast healing to Jim!

If no one steps forward with the pin, what kind was it and I'll throw a few your way as my contribution?

If no one steps forward with the pin, what kind was it and I'll throw a few your way as my contribution?

Steve, thanks, but it was a particular type of long, large-eyed Euro pin that is particularly suited to both that placement and what we were clipping into it. I don't have another so I really would like to get that one back.

there is no god.
Pretty hard to prove a negative. To assume absolutely there is no god, you must know everything about the whole universe, thus making you god. I think you mean YOU don't believe in God.

We all know Tvash is the only one here who is that smart...

Edited by denalidave

So, whomever pulled it went out to Beacon with a hammer and funk; hard to imagine they did so just to pull that pin so I'm guessing they were out there aiding. Hoping someone will man-up and either put it back, get in touch with me here or by pm, or leave it with Opdycke.

The east winds were like a freight train here in the Hood River area yesterday. I can't imagine what it must have been like yesterday at Beacon. 15 degrees here this morning.

i was gonna put up some video of it last night, but instead mostly i just laid on my couch in a ptsd-coma :)

dave, you get any decent pix? if i'd got any video of you doing the insane twist on your jug, rope ripping over the edge and all, you know i'd have it out for you! :grin:

i was gonna put up some video of it last night, but instead mostly i just laid on my couch in a ptsd-coma :)

dave, you get any decent pix? if i'd got any video of you doing the insane twist on your jug, rope ripping over the edge and all, you know i'd have it out for you! :grin:

was talkin to justin last night as he was driving home and he made it sound like a circus act getting up to big ledge... i'm curious as to who the ringmaster was, but i'm sure i know who was the clown driving the car :laf:

The east winds were like a freight train here in the Hood River area yesterday. I can't imagine what it must have been like yesterday at Beacon. 15 degrees here this morning.

I took a few pics before I joined you. I also got some shots of the hard core dudes on Blownout. They did it free, from what I could tell. That route kicks my ass in the best of weather, can't imagine doing it yesterday. I took some short video too. I'll post a few pics now. I think Justin got some video of me flailing in the wind, just trying to stay near the rock.

Did you guys get down before dark? I should have stayed in the cave as it was pretty chilly at home :grlaf: ... The Mrs was none to happy I went out, WTF. P1010166.JPG

P10101671.JPG

P1010181.JPG

Missed you today, got a late start on YW. It was a beautiful day out there, that's for sure.

Quite the rockfall from the lip of the big East Face roof - big blocks almost made it up onto the trail and one pretty good flake did make it to the high side of trail.

Oh, I'm not sure which one of you budding aidmen pulled that pin, but please get ahold of me because I want it back. Thanks.

Also, still have someone's greet DB.

i'm confused joe, do you mean the pin at the top on the ridge or the one that is lower down at the notch? i'll keep me ears open...