Monkey Face BASE Jump

dorianlee

No... I didn't hurl myself off the monkey, but a bunch of other dudes did. I came hiking over misery ridge to get some kiss of the lepers action when I saw a crap ton of monkeys standing, atop the monkey.

Heard someone nearby say something Base Jumping so with camera in hand I scrambled up to a nearby ledge with a view. After a lot of photo taking tomfoolery and standing around, one decided to start asking about the wind. One dude from down at the river shouted southwest, and another shouted northeast. Someone else starting yelling about the rules of reporting wind.

Anyways, they finally tossed themselves, and here it is.

For a moment I spoke with one of the jumpers afterwards. Mark maybe? He was way too excited to make any kind of sense. He chattered out some words, pounded the fist and took off up the trail.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw some dude from California do the sickest full rope king swing off the hwy bridge over the crooked the summer of 1995 at 4 am in the morning. We were all going to do it till the first guy went. I nearly puked and shit myself symultaneously watching. Needless to say, he was the only one that did it. A 165 foot U-shaped loop from the middle of the bridge to the edge then he jumped and jugged back up the rope.

Edited by shapp

I saw some dude from California do the sickest full rope king swing off the hwy bridge over the crooked the summer of 1995 at 4 am in the morning. We were all going to do it till the first guy went. I nearly puked and shit myself symultaneously watching. Needless to say, he was the only one that did it. A 165 foot U-shaped loop from the middle of the bridge to the edge then he jumped and jugged back up the rope.

We did this on a much smaller scale from an overpass near my place in Agassiz.. the cops came and shut it down :(