Beacon

kevbone

Bone, good newz and bad newz:

Good newz: they found your birds! Bad newz: They're at Madrone so they closed it before they opened it.

This has been a Peregrine hotline update, part of the USFPUAS (United States Federal Peregrine Update Alert System) reporting system.

Edited by billcoe

I always enjoyed Erik Plunkets easy going manner, the way he would ask for input and actually listen

ask for input and actually listen... too bad our "liason" to the rangers isn't the same way! funny that erik listened to the climbers more than___.... meh, nevermind.

Did you or someone else have something new to say I haven't already heard a thousand times already? You know, something that might smack of at least a tenuous grip on reality and Wash. state law and is rooted in this world and not the one with runaway children, pirates, and ticking crocodiles...

good! maybe all the birds should be relocated to madrone that way beacon would be in the clear. then there can be all kinds of banter about madrone being closed for... wait, nevermind.

my question is: would JH still monitor falcons if they relocated to madrone? pro'ly so...

a future thread would look like this:

JH: been monitoring the falcon activity at madrone, now, for the past week and it looks like they are about to open the rock to climbing.

Kevboner: JH, why don't you suggest that they open the rock all year rather than suck up to the man in clackamas county by doing their monitoring work?

JH: kev, why don't you start by sucking yourself off?

Kevbone: JH, quit whining about the rules and start working for the climbers for a change...

ivan: did somebody say wine?!?

pink: kevin, as your friend i am asking you to drop this one.

LCK: hey, did you all see that the trail to the rock is closed, too?

JH: i am working to climb as much as i can out there and if that means that i cooperate with, and inform, the rangers and wildlife staff then that is what i will do. and here's a bunch of research that i did to make my post longer and thus more intelligent sounding...

reasearch, jargon, booksmarts, numbers, numbers, numbers, numbers, numbers, numbers, opinions, opinions, facts, facts, numbers, numbers, numbers, numbers, reserach, research, bullshit, numbers, facts, numbers, conclusion...

billcoe: you guys should take a roadtrip and climb elsewhere - expand your experiences!

DenaliDave: hey sobo, what time is it?

ivan: i like sangria:)

LCK: I am the MAN - let me handle it!

yada

yada

yada

It's your agency that's closing the rock. I'm still waiting for you to step up and approach your own agency to keep the rock open all year round. There is no legal way to do that from the outside, but hey, you're the inside man at WDFW. I have no doubt you could make it happen if you would just take advantage of your position and apply yourself to the problem. Until then, my approach gets us more climbing days out there than waiting for July 15th every year.

OMG! I about spit my wine out onto the keyboard. Holy crap that's funny Kenny! :ass:

:lmao:

The real good news is that we are starting to get hot and cold running Falcons about here. No joke, I see more Peregrines than Red tail hawks any more. Of course, where I plan on spending my summer has none, but I'll probably have a California Condor closure pounded up my ass soon enough instead. None yet, knock on wood.

It's your agency that's closing the rock. I'm still waiting for you to step up and approach your own agency to keep the rock open all year round. There is no legal way to do that from the outside, but hey, you're the inside man at WDFW. I have no doubt you could make it happen if you would just take advantage of your position and apply yourself to the problem. Until then, my approach gets us more climbing days out there than waiting for July 15th every year.

MY APPROACH!!!!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

one of my employees who happens to be autistic drops that bomb on me all the time... that made my night :laf:

you'd think beacon fell out of the sky the day JH started climbing there, man i gotta call somebody.

yada, yada, yada, joe - that's all i hear from you...

Yeah, definitely 'my' approach. God knows it's an esoteric one - you know, one that involves "talking" with "the man". One that involves trying to figure out what's happening with the birds every year so we can go climbing at Beacon as soon as possible. It's the icky one that involves reading all those nasty laws and regs. You know the one that's yielded about ten extra weeks of Beacon climbing since I began being sick of not climbing until July 15th.

True, I admit it's the antithesis of the wailing and whining, stick it to and tell half truths and lies about "the man" approach that's worked so well in the past. But, hell, if it gets me on stone sooner I've pretty much adopted a straightforward fuck you attitude towards those who prefer whining to climbing for the sake of historical political correctness.

Yeah, definitely 'my' approach. God knows it's an esoteric one - you know, one that involves "talking" with "the man". One that involves trying to figure out what's happening with the birds every year so we can go climbing at Beacon as soon as possible. It's the icky one that involves reading all those nasty laws and regs. You know the one that's yielded about ten extra weeks of Beacon climbing since I began being sick of not climbing until July 15th.

True, I admit it's the antithesis of the wailing and whining, stick it to and tell half truths and lies about "the man" approach that's worked so well in the past. But, hell, if it gets me on stone sooner I've pretty much adopted a straightforward fuck you attitude towards those who prefer whining to climbing for the sake of historical political correctness.

every time i turn around you have once again reinvented the wheel :kisss:

good! maybe all the birds should be relocated to madrone that way beacon would be in the clear. then there can be all kinds of banter about madrone being closed for... wait, nevermind.

my question is: would JH still monitor falcons if they relocated to madrone? pro'ly so...

a future thread would look like this:

JH: been monitoring the falcon activity at madrone, now, for the past week and it looks like they are about to open the rock to climbing.

Kevboner: JH, why don't you suggest that they open the rock all year rather than suck up to the man in clackamas county by doing their monitoring work?

JH: kev, why don't you start by sucking yourself off?

Kevbone: JH, quit whining about the rules and start working for the climbers for a change...

ivan: did somebody say wine?!?

pink: kevin, as your friend i am asking you to drop this one.

LCK: hey, did you all see that the trail to the rock is closed, too?

JH: i am working to climb as much as i can out there and if that means that i cooperate with, and inform, the rangers and wildlife staff then that is what i will do. and here's a bunch of research that i did to make my post longer and thus more intelligent sounding...

reasearch, jargon, booksmarts, numbers, numbers, numbers, numbers, numbers, numbers, opinions, opinions, facts, facts, numbers, numbers, numbers, numbers, reserach, research, bullshit, numbers, facts, numbers, conclusion...

billcoe: you guys should take a roadtrip and climb elsewhere - expand your experiences!

DenaliDave: hey sobo, what time is it?

ivan: i like sangria:)

LCK: I am the MAN - let me handle it!

yada

yada

yada

You must have been drinking wine or something when you wrote this.....this was hilarious. :rawk: well done....well done.

k