Nothing is broken.

backclipped

I looked at, but did not climb, the opening moves of Nine Gallon Buckets. All is well and the bottom is still 5.9. I know a few of you over on the soggy side were losing sleep about the alleged alteration to one of Central Oregon's most celebrated uber classic clip ups...I think in a few more Detours the ground should wear sufficiently enough away to place the starting jugs a few moves out of reach. I predict it will go at 5.11- when this happens.

Edited by backclipped

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uber-Classic?

Maybe if someone painted the holds cool colors it would be classic, gym-rat style. Or maybe perma-chain draws?

JL

I'm right with ya, Jlag. I'm currently working with a Smith Rock Detour coordinator to up-the-uber on this most spectacular and time honored climb. We're attempting a paint by numbers activity for next years attendees. Every participant will be issued a paint roller and a numbered canister containing a "mystery" color. Each canister will be matched with a corresponding cube. Prior to the event a handful of us (the paint-by-number squad) will spend a few hours "griding out" the wall. The result should yield a kaleidoscope of brilliance which will help to offset any climbing anxiety for those stepping from the gym to the great outdoors. If this activity proves successful, we're hoping to approach the park service about doing the same thing to the adjacent routes--think about it, how cool would magic light be if we did a mosaic of Jimmy Hendrix's face on it? I know, man....totally bitchin'

I'm right with ya, Jlag. I'm currently working with a Smith Rock Detour coordinator to up-the-uber on this most spectacular and time honored climb. We're attempting a paint by numbers activity for next years attendees. Every participant will be issued a paint roller and a numbered canister containing a "mystery" color. Each canister will be matched with a corresponding cube. Prior to the event a handful of us (the paint-by-number squad) will spend a few hours "griding out" the wall. The result should yield a kaleidoscope of brilliance which will help to offset any climbing anxiety for those stepping from the gym to the great outdoors. If this activity proves successful, we're hoping to approach the park service about doing the same thing to the adjacent routes--think about it, how cool would magic light be if we did a mosaic of Jimmy Hendrix's face on it? I know, man....totally bitchin'

:tup: