Northwest Mountaineering Journal, 2009

Lowell_Skoog

091_Contents_Cover_Lg.jpg

Northwest Mountaineering Journal, 2009

The mission of the Northwest Mountaineering Journal is to be an edited, permanent, annual record of mountaineering in the Pacific Northwest. The journal documents the events, people, history and spirit of climbing and other mountain sports in this region. The journal is published by volunteers from the mountaineering community in collaboration with The Mountaineers. The 2009 issue of the journal is now available. See:

http://www.nwmj.org

This issue has feature articles about alpine climbing, skiing, rock climbing, mountain rescue, bicycle mountaineering, peak bagging, and light-and-fast enchainments. It includes reports of new climbing routes and first ski descents from April 1, 2008 through March 31, 2009. It also contains highlights from North Cascades National Park.

New features in this year's journal include a built-in slideshow feature (click any photo to launch a slideshow). The Archive page (accessed through a link at the top of every page) now lists all NWMJ articles published since 2004.

I'd like to thank everyone who contributed stories, photos, and information for this issue, both for your contributions and for your patience as we assembled this issue over the past several months. I'd also like to thank the team of volunteers who edited the journal and The Mountaineers who provided invaluable support.

We hope you enjoy this issue and will begin looking forward to the next one.

The 2009 Northwest Mountaineering Journal Team:

Ralph Bodenner

Steve Firebaugh

Alex Krawarik

Matt Perkins

Rad Roberts

Lowell Skoog

Steve Smith

Curt Veldhuisen

Gary Yngve

Aaron Zabriskie

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice issue, I liked your forward. Its funny how online info has changed the game, I found myself looking for the Short Reports on Gorillas In The Mist, The Scoop, and the FFA of Dragons of Eden before I realized the reports in the journal were all from 2008 and these routes are this year!

I honestly think another game changer for Northwest Mountaineering has been John Scurlock's photography, turning hidden and unknown gems into big screen drool fests.

Thanks to all the crew for another year's fabulous journal, great to have all that stuff under one cover. First rate. :tup: